RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide if I want to leave the standard vinyl seats/floor in my tradesman when I order, or select the popular equipment group to get the cloth seats/floor. I don't care about the keyless entry, sirius radio, or floor mats. I live 10 minutes from the weather tech factory so I'll be getting those if I have cloth.

I've heard some people say the vinyl seats are similar to leather. Obviously easier to clean it over cloth. It's roughly a 540 dollar increase on invoice. Is it worth the upgrade to get cloth over vinyl? Truck is for personal, not work. Can't find any dealers with a vinyl interior around me.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you plan to keep it along time stay with vinyl as it will hold up better if you maintain it. It does have a lower resale though as it's usually a worktruck option and most people see it being used for a work truck.

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
Didn't seem to remember the vinyl as an expensive option over cloth. I just got the standard cloth but it's nothing special. Agree it's harder to keep clean. I had cloth in my old truck and sat down with a screwdriver sticking out of my back pocket. Think it was around $100 to re-cover the seat when I tore it up.

Never like vinyl because it's cold when it's cold and sticky hot when it's hot. Leather has a bit of that also but does look nice. Then it also degrades, requires care and tends to unstitch. Wife has leather in her Ford Escape but covers it with a towel because it's both cold and sticky. She's also fussy about dirtying things.

In summation, I don't like anything.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I opted for the clothe in my crew cab Tradesman. Went to Wally Mart and bought inexpensive seat covers for the front and an Orvis pet cover for the rear bench seat. I didn't like the vinyl. Vinyl is must easier to clean, doesn't stain. The clothe in the Tradesman is not as nice as offered in the higher trim levels of this truck. I tend to agree with Captainmal.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I always get the cloth seats. Anything but that here in the Texas and you look something like this when you get into your vehicle......

Homer Scream.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not if you have the ac seats. Those are pimp
Yeah, but pimpin' costs lots 'o cash. The OP is asking about the price premium for the cloth, so I don't think he's going to order a Longhorn.

You're right though, the ventilated leather seats are awesome!

·
Registered
592 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts