RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil filler cap on my 2014 EcoLethal has always been difficult to the point of impossible to open. Checking the oil last week, one of the tabs snapped off. Cheap Italian crap!

$65.00 for replacement.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
The only good things that were ever made in Italy were marble statues and paintings, but that ended over 500 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
3,125 Posts
So trade it off for another truck of greater perceived quality.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
The oil filler cap on my 2014 EcoLethal has always been difficult to the point of impossible to open. Checking the oil last week, one of the tabs snapped off. Cheap Italian crap!

$65.00 for replacement.
I don't understand your post. I check the oil on my truck by pulling the dipstick out, wiping it off, reinserting it fully, removing it, reading the level and reinserting it down the dipstick tube. It has nothing to do with the oil fill cap. Perhaps you can help me understand.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My tundra's did the same thing. Cheap japanese crap.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Ebay has em, cheap. Fleece has a nice billet one for $57.57. I'm not crazy how the oem one fits, may spring for aftermarket one.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Thought I added a link to one on Ebay last night. Chinese junk but the cap was $12.

Guessing I did not press "post reply". You didn't miss much.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
My tundra's did the same thing. Cheap japanese crap.
Here I was thinking that Toyota was my last chance at getting a reliable truck. You just killed that idea. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't understand your post. I check the oil on my truck by pulling the dipstick out, wiping it off, reinserting it fully, removing it, reading the level and reinserting it down the dipstick tube. It has nothing to do with the oil fill cap. Perhaps you can help me understand.
after checking oil level 1/2 quart low...don’t know how you add oil, but I take the 710 cap off and add. My ecodiesel cap has always given me grief to remove...yours is easy? Even the replacement is a nightmare.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
after checking oil level 1/2 quart low...don’t know how you add oil, but I take the 710 cap off and add. My ecodiesel cap has always given me grief to remove...yours is easy? Even the replacement is a nightmare.
Yeah, you kinda left that part out of your earlier post.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The oil filler cap... And the coolant cap...
According to the Motori... " if you can get these caps open without breaking" you are a winner and vm motori will serve you well...

Just like these caps... If you can figure out this lil oil burner you are a "winner"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts