RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it to get the VON number from my dealer? Can I get any info from that?....fyi Canadian order.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yes.... get the VON. IN Canada... the on-line tracking system doesn't work... but if there is a problem or question... you need the VON to figure this out. ALSO... if you don't have the VON... you don't really know if the truck was really ordered or not.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer told me I had a VON.

So are you're saying that I can call and get info based on that number?

(Truck ordered last week of February.)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Dealer told me I had a VON.

So are you're saying that I can call and get info based on that number?

(Truck ordered last week of February.)
Yes, and no.

NO: you can't do any on-line look ups with it.

YES: if you need to call customer service... it's easier to give them that number, than for them to try to look you up. Also, you should get a VIN in a week or so. But for some reason, not everyone will get an email update. SO... in a couple weeks, if you don't see your VIN... you can use the VON, to get it from customer service.

Just to give you a time line...

ORDER: depending on the dealer allocation... you may not move forward until the second week of the month. (WHen the allocations open)
VIN: you will get your VIN, once you move forward. (about 2 weeks) At that point, you will be a D status.
Build date: From D... you will go to D1, and have a build date. Assuming no hold ups... you are looking at about 2 more weeks from the day they get you scheduled. (About 4 weeks to this point)
SHIP: THis one is rough. I've seen trucks move from QA/Inspection to "Shipped" in a few days.... and I've seen guys sit in "Staged" for a month. Then up to Canada has been slow because of the lack of rail cars to transport vehicles up there.

But... assuming no major delays... RAM is running at 6~8 weeks right now.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its been 5 weeks! I'm guessing the configuration that I ordered might be the reason.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Its been 5 weeks! I'm guessing the configuration that I ordered might be the reason.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
What did you order??

I know Outdoorsman are not moving... and there is a shortage of air suspension parts. But most of the other stuff should be moving.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SLT, Plus Decor Group, 4x4, 6.4 bed, Rambox, Air suspension, 3.92, pretty much loaded except sun roof.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Called the Chrysler Information Center (18003613700), hoping to get something with my VON number : 30856590. Got told that the dealership is the only place to get info on my order....wtf...

I guess I'll sit and wait and try not to go crazy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did the same yesterday, no info from Ram, US or Canadian customer service.
I assume mine is delayed because its an Outdoorsman. They seem to be building the higher trim levels first.
I also only have a VON, and i ordered on Jan 24.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Actually... now that I read that... I remember someone saying his truck got passed over because of the 3.92 gears.

Since you have been "Ordered" for a month... go to the dealer, and demand to know what the hold up is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It appears that orders from Canada are a step behind our neighbours from the South. From different Dealers I am getting estimates for "order to delivery" anywhere between 12 to 20 weeks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It appears that orders from Canada are a step behind our neighbours from the South. From different Dealers I am getting estimates for "order to delivery" anywhere between 12 to 20 weeks.
Aya Caramba!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered mine on 12/27, I don't want to count how many weeks it is! Still waiting patiently. Last time I checked it was built and waiting to shit.....oops I mean ship!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just an FYI I ordered an CC 6'4 Outdoorsman with 3.92 gears on 5 March and it went to trim status this morning. Going to guess it should be done tonight so I am guessing that the outdoorsmans are moving along the line :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Received my toneau cover yesterday, Bakflip F1. I now have a chrome fuel door, rambox organizer kit and the cover,..... one important thing is still missing.....the truck!!!!!

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts