RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery on Wednesday 4/17. VOTS still shows it as shipping. Not surprising given all the mis-information Chrysler CS gave me through the process. The product might be good but the service is for crap!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
there is a few day's delay going from "shipped" to "delivered". The reason is... the dealer may need a day or two to prep the truck.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I took delivery on Wednesday 4/17. VOTS still shows it as shipping. Not surprising given all the mis-information Chrysler CS gave me through the process. The product might be good but the service is for crap!
Yes, VOT is not very good. Shipping is a process unto itself that has little reliable info available. How and when your truck arrives can involve many steps, unknown wait times and transport contractors. Once the truck is released from the factory we just hope it arrives with minimal delay and no damage. Customer Service is very mixed depending on who you talk to; some people are helpful, others not so much. Same with dealers.

Reactions: JAK

·
Registered
231 Posts
I took delivery April 4th and it still shows shipped for me. I dont think Ram updates anything correctly for the Ecodiesels. The demand is so high that they just want to get them shipped.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Over a week since delivery and VOTS still shows my truck as being in "shipped status".

·
Registered
28 Posts
With vots system being down I call the customer service for an up date. Only to have her say it is still scheduled for production. Emaildealer for an update. Dealer's system shows D1 status with shipping date of 5/4/14. Is this believeable?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With vots system being down I call the customer service for an up date. Only to have her say it is still scheduled for production. Emaildealer for an update. Dealer's system shows D1 status with shipping date of 5/4/14. Is this believeable?
It is believable to the point of them telling you what is in the system. To me, that is where it becomes interesting!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just tried to login to the VOTs to check on my truck and its down. Got a "dear customer...blah blah blah...remodeling... improve our service...blah blah blah" message.

·
Registered
346 Posts
On the other forum, there's a member who has the inside scoop on all the orders. For my truck, he's showing a 5/2 est. build date and a 5/4 est. ship date. I ordered 4/7. I think it also depends on where your vehicle batch falls in the build order. There are folks with higher VINs then me showing earlier build dates, but I'm guessing they have more similar trims in that batch.

Reactions: Jim
1 - 10 of 10 Posts