RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding of the process was that after submitting preliminary claim documents we were supposed to wait until we were told that the documents were acceptable before we moved on to the the next step.
That being the AEM update.
My constant checking at the website resulted in a message saying that I had successfully submitted my request but the acceptance was pending.
I got impatient yesterday and called whoever is managing the Class Action process.
I was told that they stopped doing that notification step and that I should just go ahead and do the AEM.
I have been checking the status for 5 weeks expecting a go-ahead notification.
Not sure if I misunderstood the process, but the lady on the phone seemed to imply that they changed something due to the scale of the process being overwhelming.
Did I misunderstand the original directions?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think so. You were able to get the AEM flash anytime, even before your claim was approved. But you didn't get the claim form and release documents to sign until original packet accepted.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can’t even get them to accept my forms I submitted online and then emailed to the case manager lady after she asked for them. Oh well just won’t get the AEM completed then until they get their shit together if they ever do. Money would be nice but not dependent upon it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
I submitted my documents online a few weeks ago and received the verification they were accepted today. There is a PDF with attached instructions and a letter to be notarized that needs to be completed along with the dealer docs after the AEM is complete. It then states 6 weeks until a check is issued.

Reactions: lucskoj

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is mentioned in another thread that file attachments are limited to 5MB. Apparently if over 5MB it does not get through to them at all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It is mentioned in another thread that file attachments are limited to 5MB. Apparently if over 5MB it does not get through to them at all.
Hawg: Here is the statement from the settlement claim form.
The acceptable file formats are .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .pdf, and your file size must not exceed 25 MB per document.
So a lot more than 5MB's.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
They may have changed the max document size. I believe Howie12 (think that's his user name) made a post about his being rejected at 5+ MB and not receiving any notification about it.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Hawg: Here is the statement from the settlement claim form.
The acceptable file formats are .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .pdf, and your file size must not exceed 25 MB per document.
So a lot more than 5MB's.
I was told by the claims people that single files over 5 mb were not accepted by my system and that the email just disappears. When I resubmitted mine witn a file size smaller than 5 Mb it was fine. I resent the original email when on the phone with the rep and he got nothing on their email system. I sent a simple email and he got it. Perhaps he was lying to me or perhaps things have now changed since I had my problem mid May or so. He said he was going to look into it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My submission went into "document package complete" status exactly 30 days ago. Last week I sent replies to the email they sent acknowledging receipt, trying to move the needle. No replies and no effect. Tried calling but either got disconnected or was on hold for a lifetime.

I think FCA spared every expense staffing for this and the folks are seriously overwhelmed. No use getting in a twist. It is what it is and won't get better from anything I can do.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Exactly the same scenario here. I called a week ago and just told to wait until it was 'accepted'. I called back today was told something different. Basically get the update done, get the forms, send them in and then the status will change. I asked all the 'interesting' questions and they basically blew me off with some double-speak. So, called my dealer, asked them about this and they told me to come in, get the paperwork, send it in, etc. (what FCA told me today).

·
Registered
346 Posts
My submission went into "document package complete" status exactly 30 days ago. Last week I sent replies to the email they sent acknowledging receipt, trying to move the needle. No replies and no effect. Tried calling but either got disconnected or was on hold for a lifetime.

I think FCA spared every expense staffing for this and the folks are seriously overwhelmed. No use getting in a twist. It is what it is and won't get better from anything I can do.
Although I am now sending an email reply every 5 days just to be annoying. Makes me feel better if nothing else.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I called yesterday to follow up on my case which is showing offer extended but I never received anything. While on the call they did send me an email with a pdf named "offer". I thanked the customer service rep and we hung up. When I opened the attachment, I noticed the offer letter is for someone else, not me. This is actually comical at this point.

Despite the error, I had the opportunity to to review the offer and it's written in a way to totally protect FCA and strip us of any rights we may have regarding any issues surrounding the ecodiesel, both known and unknown. The only exception is personal injury and wrongful death. From my reading, anyone who is unhappy with the AEM who has signed the release has no recourse whatsoever.

There's even a law that protects people from giving up certain rights when signing a release but this release explicitly states you understand you're giving up any rights you have under this law.

It's a totally one sided document designed to put this behind them and move on.

I'm not sure it's worth it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got the go ahead and get it flashed response form a lady on the phone last week when I called. Today I just canceled my appointment to get it flashed as I thought my status would have changed to offer extended by now. I don't plan to get it done unless they say I'm good to come in and sign the forms. It's been 7 weeks since I got the document package received on my status page.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm don't understand the confusion - which makes me the confused one I guess.

Here's how the process works:

- Register for the AEM using your email with the VIN and all necessary and requested details.
- Wait until they verify that your truck qualifies for the flash and they email you a document packet with the offer and request for more info (gov't docs like drivers license, etc.)
- Schedule your AEM update at the dealer - you DON'T have to wait for anything else from FCA! Keep your eye on your email with a notice that all your info checks out and you're not lying about who you are and whether you actually own the vehicle.
- Get the AEM update installed. The dealer sends in all the paperwork; you don't have to do anything. You'll be given a packet of documents explaining what was done and details of the new extended warranty.
- After your visit to the dealer keep checking your status on the EcoDieselSettlment.com website. Eventually the hourglass next to "Settlement Check Mailed" will turn into a green checkmark.
- Wait on the check to hit your mailbox.

You don't need approval to get the AEM update done - just get the documents notarized and emailed back to FCA and move the process along. If you keep waiting for directions on "the next step" you'll never get it completed. Just go to the dealer and do it.

Bob

·
Registered
480 Posts
Does the dealer send in the notarized papers ?
I'm don't understand the confusion - which makes me the confused one I guess.

Here's how the process works:

- Register for the AEM using your email with the VIN and all necessary and requested details.
- Wait until they verify that your truck qualifies for the flash and they email you a document packet with the offer and request for more info (gov't docs like drivers license, etc.)
- Schedule your AEM update at the dealer - you DON'T have to wait for anything else from FCA! Keep your eye on your email with a notice that all your info checks out and you're not lying about who you are and whether you actually own the vehicle.
- Get the AEM update installed. The dealer sends in all the paperwork; you don't have to do anything. You'll be given a packet of documents explaining what was done and details of the new extended warranty.
- After your visit to the dealer keep checking your status on the EcoDieselSettlment.com website. Eventually the hourglass next to "Settlement Check Mailed" will turn into a green checkmark.
- Wait on the check to hit your mailbox.

You don't need approval to get the AEM update done - just get the documents notarized and emailed back to FCA and move the process along. If you keep waiting for directions on "the next step" you'll never get it completed. Just go to the dealer and do it.

Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bob
I submitted the application online with attached documents on two different occasions. If they have not marked my application as verified complete then I don’t feel comfortable that they are going to honor the rest of the settlement after they’ve updated my vehicle (which is all they care about). Unless I’ve misunderstood the process. When I called the idot on the phone said no one had been marked verified yet although I had read on here they had. I don’t see calling back again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My last task was to send a copy of my licence, bill of sales and title. All I got was "Document package complete". it's stayed that way for 7 weeks now! I never received an offer packet to sign and get notarized. Do I take it on faith that the offer will be extended before I get the work done? Or is that done at the dealer now?

·
Registered
87 Posts
My last task was to send a copy of my licence, bill of sales and title. All I got was "Document package complete". it's stayed that way for 7 weeks now! I never received an offer packet to sign and get notarized. Do I take it on faith that the offer will be extended before I get the work done? Or is that done at the dealer now?
I received an offer after multiple calls. The problem is the offer isn't for me; it's for someone in Maryland. I'm in Illinois.

Go figure.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I, too, am waiting (5 weeks) for my offer packet w/forms to be notarized.
Called yesterday and the gal said its taking a while but said I shouldn't wait and to go and get the AEM. Couldn't tell if she was just trying to get me into the dealer for their benefit or if she was implying that things would get moving again if I got the AEM first? Was trying to get a hint from her that getting the AEM first would trigger something but she never came out and said that. Maybe I was reading too much between the lines..

Then again, maybe FCA is prioritizing those that have had the AEM done since they are backed up..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts