RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a 2014 ram 1500 ecodiesel about 2 weeks ago. I got Crew cab with the 5'7" box in the new "blue streak"; Slt package with luxury group and tow group with the upgraded 20's. Truck listed at just under $53k, with discounts it work around $43k. As well it comes with the following

Upgraded premium bucket seats
Remote start and security group
Trailer hitch (which makes no sense why it's not included with the tow group and costs an extra $475)
Spray in liner
Upgraded 8.4a in dash stereo
Park view rear back up camera

I'm located in Ontario Canada, I hope to see the truck within the month. Anyone else in Ontario waiting on a order? Possible wait time?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Your best bet is get on the ramforumz.com site and get yourself added on SPP's "Where are you now" list.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I would expect more than a month, it seems guys here are running 5-6 weeks pretty consistantly

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Thought they all came standard with the trailer hitch. Only thing I paid extra for on those lines was the brake controller.

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Nope only hitch standard I believe is a hole they provide. In your bumper for a ball. Here in can. It's 375 for a 2" hitch

·
Registered
940 Posts
Here's how my build is going so far. Order May 1, 2014 / Build May 15, 2014 / Completed May 29, 2014 and Shipped / Delivered May ?, 2014. Apparently it's on a truck somewhere but last they could find it the thing went 4.5 hours the wrong way. If it had of gone the right way it would have been here days ago.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Never saw any Ram 1500 or 2500 without a hitch attached to the frame. Must be a Canadian thing.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm located in Ontario Canada, I hope to see the truck within the month. Anyone else in Ontario waiting on a order? Possible wait time?
Can't speak for you guys up north, but things look to be moving along down here. Ordered mine the last week of April and was given a 15 June arrival date. Looks like it may actually make it on time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just ordered a 2014 ram 1500 ecodiesel about 2 weeks ago. I got Crew cab with the 5'7" box in the new "blue streak"; Slt package with luxury group and tow group with the upgraded 20's. Truck listed at just under $53k, with discounts it work around $43k. As well it comes with the following

Upgraded premium bucket seats
Remote start and security group
Trailer hitch (which makes no sense why it's not included with the tow group and costs an extra $475)
Spray in liner
Upgraded 8.4a in dash stereo
Park view rear back up camera

Hey BlueStreak!

I also have an order in for a very similar truck (Outdoorsman with the similar options that was Blue Streak until I change the colour to Bright White) and I have an order date of May 21st and as of last Wednesday was in BX status but no build date. I was hoping for this month but I have a feeling it will be later. Where in Ontario you located?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought an SLT quad cab blue streak on 26 April. Confirmed today would be here by June 24th. In Ottawa Ontario. Will take picture when received. I haven't been able to find an slt in blue to look at!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey BlueStreak!

I also have an order in for a very similar truck (Outdoorsman with the similar options that was Blue Streak until I change the colour to Bright White) and I have an order date of May 21st and as of last Wednesday was in BX status but no build date. I was hoping for this month but I have a feeling it will be later. Where in Ontario you located?
I'm located just East of Peterborough; bought the truck from Kawartha Chrysler

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So here is a brief update on my order status.....My order was place May 23; I spoke with the dealer a few days ago and they stated a possible date of July 1, but no promises..........I called Dodge tonight to check again on the status and he told me the truck is still in "D1" status and I will be looking at another 2-3 months before I see the truck. 3-4 weeks in Michigan at the plant ONCE THE TRUCK IS STARTED, and another 4 weeks or longer for delivery. I really hope this guy is wrong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow,
Sorry to hear that, I ordered on 5/20 a Laramie c/c 4x4 and its built just sitting waiting for shipping for about 2 weeks now according to dodge info line and SPP on forumz. Do you have a vin number assigned yet? If you do (the dealer should have it) ask SPP to look into it for ya.. Once you give him the last 8 of the vin number he will give you all the info and will update your status on the truck daily..

Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I spoke with the dealer and when I called dodge the status wasn't updated in 12 days, so I checked yesterday and the truck is finished just waiting final inspection then it will be shipped, so I'm hoping I will see it in a week or two at the latest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm located just East of Peterborough; bought the truck from Kawartha Chrysler
Sorry didn't see this. Last week I found out mine was in D then D1 with a build date of July 10th. I think after that shipping shouldn't take too long as from what I understand it gets trucked here from Michigan versus hitting the rail cars. So I am hoping for an end of July maybe?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts