RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
There seems to be no shortage of new trucks at the local Ram dealership. You would think taking care of existing customers would be a priority. I really wish I would have dug deeper before buying this ecodiesel in 2019. I didn’t have any idea at the time of the issues. All I saw was a super nice truck that the dealer assured me would tow my boat with zero issues. After dealing with Ram Cares for 6 months and being assured my engine was placed on high priority, I see why Stellantis has an F- rating with the Better Business Bureau.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Just an update. Ram Customer Care contacted me today to let me know my new replacement engine was delivered to my dealer. I will be contacting the dealer tomorrow morning to make sure. As soon as the new engine is installed this truck will be for sale!

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 3.0L
11 Posts
I have a buddy who lost his engine in March 2022. The dealer removed the cab, pulled the engine, FCA approved the replacement and he's been told his engine will be here in September. His truck has been sitting inside the shop, cab off, tying up the hoist this whole time.
Any info on how and what he had to submit to FCA to have it covered? The entire engine? I am in the SAME position. Month #5 for me...2015 ram ecodiesel has been at the dealership for 6 months....4 were recalls, and towed right back after 20 miles because of a blown engine. I go back and forth with them.....they will cover nothing for me( the dealership)

·
Registered
2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel
79 Posts
Man, I'm starting to think I am a unicorn. I had to do nothing but handle a couple of phone calls from 200 miles away to get mine replaced. The dealer managed everything on their end, no hassles, no paperwork, just a bill at the end with a balance of $0.00 due at signing.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Man, I'm starting to think I am a unicorn. I had to do nothing but handle a couple of phone calls from 200 miles away to get mine replaced. The dealer managed everything on their end, no hassles, no paperwork, just a bill at the end with a balance of $0.00 due at signing.
Some dealerships and area managers are more competent than others.

Reactions: keiths487too

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
The only hassles I have had is getting information. I still don't have in writing what the new warranty is for the replacement engine. But at least it's running!
Your replacement engine is warranted for the remainder of the factory 5 year/100,000-mile warranty.

·
Registered
2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel
79 Posts
Your replacement engine is warranted for the remainder of the factory 5 year/100,000-mile warranty.
I have heard two others from the dealer say otherwise, but so far that was only word-of-mouth. I have plenty of mileage left on the factory warranty, but only 1 more year. My service tech and one of the diesel mechanics in the garage claimed two years on the replacement. I have not verified that yet.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I have heard two others from the dealer say otherwise, but so far that was only word-of-mouth. I have plenty of mileage left on the factory warranty, but only 1 more year. My service tech and one of the diesel mechanics in the garage claimed two years on the replacement. I have not verified that yet.
The new warranty only applies if its was done out of pocket. Since yours was covered under warranty then it does not, all you have is the remaining factory warranty.

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 276,000 KM.
2,212 Posts
The new warranty only applies if its was done out of pocket. Since yours was covered under warranty then it does not, all you have is the remaining factory warranty.
So if you were just out of warranty but FCA decided to goodwill a replacement motor, do you not have any warranty when you drive it off the dealer lot?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
So if you were just out of warranty but FCA decided to goodwill a replacement motor, do you not have any warranty when you drive it off the dealer lot?
That would be correct.

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 276,000 KM.
2,212 Posts
Don't know what the warranty differences up here would be but my buddy gets 2 years unlimited mileage yet he only has 3000 miles of warranty left on his original.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Outside of warranty, the EcoDiesel engine is warrantied for 3 years/100,000 miles in America.
"All engines have production serial numbers and carry the 3 year / 100,000 mile Mopar Nationwide Limited Warranty good at any Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram dealer in the country."

61 - 75 of 75 Posts