RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all: I want to get 315 R 70 - 17's on my 2016 Tradesman. Currently running the stock 265 R 70 17's.

Am wondering if I need to do any levelling first. Also, will the larger tire mess up controller and speedometer (currently running GDE Hot Tune) ?

Pictures and advice welcome.

Thanks,

Prince

·
Registered
34 Posts
There will be roughly 10% difference in your speed jumping up from 265 to 315's.. You'll have to recalibrate the speedo if you want accurancy. Hypertech I believe have a programmer for just recal the speedo and code reader for the Ecodiesels. I utilized the Hypertech on my '09 & '12 Ram CTD trucks. Works great.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Not sure if you're on Facebook, but a lot of younger kids who do crazy shit to their trucks frequent the Ecodiesel Performance group. You have to join the group, and everyone is approved by the group admin.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have that size in Cooper AT3's, D-rated. I mounted them on 17x9 rims with a -6 offset which I think is a 4.5 or 4.75 backspace if I remember correctly. You will need a leveling kit for the front. I rub ever so slightly in reverse at full lock to the left. That's it and it's not significant. Full articulation on off roading situations is fine. If you search my profile you'll see some of my posts for the wheels along with pics. I don't know how well they'd work on stock rims as those have a +19 offset I believe. They may work, I just don't know for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have that size in Cooper AT3's, D-rated. I mounted them on 17x9 rims with a -6 offset which I think is a 4.5 or 4.75 backspace if I remember correctly. You will need a leveling kit for the front. I rub ever so slightly in reverse at full lock to the left. That's it and it's not significant. Full articulation on off roading situations is fine. If you search my profile you'll see some of my posts for the wheels along with pics. I don't know how well they'd work on stock rims as those have a +19 offset I believe. They may work, I just don't know for sure.

What other updates and calibrations, if any, did you have to make and did you go to dealer for the install ? (Speedometer, ABS, body control module, etc.)

Thanks,
Prince

·
Registered
66 Posts
What other updates and calibrations, if any, did you have to make and did you go to dealer for the install ? (Speedometer, ABS, body control module, etc.)

Thanks,
Prince
None. My OEM wheels/tires were 20's on 275/60/20. The new tires are a 2.4% difference. That doesn't equate to enough change in the speedo for me to worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts