RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know some people think their Ecodiesel is the best truck they have ever owned. I know some trucks weren't crippled by the VO8 recall. I know some felt fairly compensated by the $3K they were given to compensate them for the fraud. And I know plenty of you have opted to go for a tune. I'm happy for all of you.

I'm here for those of us who were harmed by the VO8 and who are livid by the way FCA (and/or its dealers) are conducting themselves. And I'm going to be "that guy" who makes a Federal case out of this B.S. (literally if need be). The way I see it, if we don't push back and/or if we reward these companies for abhorrent behavior, they will just keep screwing us. And ElJugador doesn't like getting screwed by anybody except Mrs. ElJugador.

SO, step 1 was to create www.fcaecodieselfraud.com. Step 2 is to collect other peoples' stories and publish them on the FCA Ecodiesel Fraud Blog. Step 3 will be to conduct a media relations campaign about the ongoing nonsense this company is putting us through.

Want in? Great. Email me your story at [email protected]

Send your story and any photos and let me know if you want the story to appear in the blog and/or if you'd like me to give your contact info to interested media.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what they said -- and I even went to the dealership to get it done. But when I got to the dealership, no such repair was available (though it was when I made the appointment).

·
Registered
150 Posts
from what i've heard, FCA didn't make it publicly known to the dealers that there was an update. The only way they find out is to actually get your truck in the shop and hook it up to the computer (the service writers' little obd2 dongle doesn't count). The computer will search FCAs system for anything related to that VIN and only then acknowledge that there is an update.

Your best bet is to go in saying the check engine light came on then went off again, and you want it checked.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Since I am past the 3 year 36k warranty do I have to pay for the update to the aem? I don't think I should, but I am sure the dealer will try to charge me....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since I am past the 3 year 36k warranty do I have to pay for the update to the aem? I don't think I should, but I am sure the dealer will try to charge me....

No, you don't have to pay (in fact, the lawsuit requires FCA to do a certain number of these). So, if you get it, not only will it be free but you probably also qualify for payment IF you sign a liability release and do a bunch of other crap. HOWEVER read up on all the problems this update has caused people and decide if you want to take that risk. I sure wouldn't.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No, you don't have to pay (in fact, the lawsuit requires FCA to do a certain number of these). So, if you get it, not only will it be free but you probably also qualify for payment IF you sign a liability release and do a bunch of other crap. HOWEVER read up on all the problems this update has caused people and decide if you want to take that risk. I sure wouldn't.
I already had aem done.... I want the update for free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts