RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find any of the people that have installed lift kits and don't need their oem front coil springs.
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
What's with the C on the hood?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can't seem to find any of the people that have installed lift kits and don't need their oem front coil springs.
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.
Try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market for a used one from a wreck. You'll have to search under Dodge-truck 1500 rather than Ram in the dropdown and then you can sort by recyclers close to where you are. Chances are you can run down and buy one for $65 or a set for $100.

Alternately, LKQ online is another good source.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate very much &Thank you for taking time to offer the info.
Unfortunately, i could only search for 4x2 on the site, Thinking i will just order a new oem ( $89-$109) from dealer, as my search for a used take-off has been consuming to much time.
There are 3 different codes for the front springs. Surely because of spring weight, but now I'm trying to find where/how IT ((the code) is located,
Thanks again !

·
Super Moderator
3,419 Posts
Id get the stiffest (still very soft) of the 3. So did you put a Cummins engine in your truck? If so what came out the Pentastar the Hemi or the EcoDiesel or depending on actual truck year the 4.7? Or is just stickers to confuse & make people wonder or ask questions?

Reactions: shaggn85 and DJL_57

·
Registered
217 Posts
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.
Most of the lift kits require adding spacers to the front and keeping original spring unless you go with the coil over set up.

·
Super Moderator
3,419 Posts
He never did reply. I assume it's just a Cummins sticker. Maybe he didn't know the Ecodiesel is made by VM Motori and not Cummins. I'm guessing he has caught so much flack over it that he has peeled the sticker off and moved on to a different truck by now.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I noticed two stickers on the hood "Cummins Turbo Diesel" and "3.0 Performance"; mutually exclusive I believe.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
His bed also has a Cummins decal,he's most likely just screwing around messing with folks . I knew a Cummins mechanic who drove a Scion ,the one that looks like a clown car little box . He had Cummins emblems like on the HD trucks on its front fender like a Ram HD, so many folks asked about him if he liked his Cummins , He said he loved it !!!

The back of the car almost dragged the ground because of all his tool in the back , he worked in the mobile marine industry .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts