RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, been a while since I have been on. I had kept my truck parked in the garage since I bought new, but last year i lost my job and sold my house, so now the truck is parked in the elements. We have had a lot of rain here in Central Texas and just a little while ago I noticed that under the rear seat on the drivers side it is soaked. Any idea where this may be coming in (it's a 2014 Laramie CC 4x4)?

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Check the cab vent behind the rear driver's seat, likely missing some flaps. It's a cheap part to replace.

Reactions: Tex

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,002 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the cab vent behind the rear driver's seat, likely missing some flaps. It's a cheap part to replace.
I do believe this is it, just pulled the back seat and there are NO flaps on the vent, it's wide open.

Thank You!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi All, been a while since I have been on. I had kept my truck parked in the garage since I bought new, but last year i lost my job and sold my house, so now the truck is parked in the elements. We have had a lot of rain here in Central Texas and just a little while ago I noticed that under the rear seat on the drivers side it is soaked. Any idea where this may be coming in (it's a 2014 Laramie CC 4x4)?
Hi: Tex... Where else can you get a truck that comes with an indoor pool? Mine turned out to be the rear power slide/window installed incorrectly!!! PO's fault.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,002 Posts
I do believe this is it, just pulled the back seat and there are NO flaps on the vent, it's wide open.
FYI: There is two styles of cab vents available, the one described as older cab vent protects the flappers more.
68323649AB - cab vents
55055998AH - older cab vents
Both styles should fit as all the years of Ram 1500s are listed.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Why would someone be missing vent flaps?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI: There is two styles of cab vents available, the one described as older cab vent protects the flappers more.
68323649AB - cab vents
55055998AH - older cab vents
Both styles should fit as all the years of Ram 1500s are listed.
Thanks for the info. Grabbed the newer style this morning and went ahead and replaced both. I also noticed some condensation in the 3rd brake light so removed the old gasket and used some black RVT and sealed the hell out of it. Hopefully this fixed the issue.

Thanks all for the advice!!!

Reactions: Crash68

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Because the early design would fail. This is the drivers side rear cab vent on my personal truck.
Very interesting. My truck has a 05/2015 build date, do you think I have the new or old design?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I've had the third brake light resealed four times, the sat antennia once, the rear vents once, and they finally decided that it was the rear window was not properly installed from the factory. My thread is on here somewhere.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I have a mildewey smell in the truck after rain this weekend, Im gonna have to dig into the light and vents to see where its leaking.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have a mildewey smell in the truck after rain this weekend, Im gonna have to dig into the light and vents to see where its leaking.
“mildewey”...right outa my personal dictionary! Niiiiiice

1 - 15 of 15 Posts