RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

Is there anyone out there running water/meth? I have a setup in my 18 Duramax and love it (17+dmax are too expensive to tune) I already have the other "mods" love how it steam cleans the motor and the fuel mileage gain. Was just wondering other peoples results

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Ran water methanol on mine for 2 years it does help a little but not enough to justify its cost. Ended up taking it off and selling the kit eventually I well put a compound turbo setup on and call it good instead.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I ran water/methanol injection in a supercharged Tacoma V6 gas truck for about 100,000 miles. In that case, it helped me run an over drive pulley and more boost. I'm with Brokedownbutgood, don't think the gain in this 3L diesel would be worth the gain. The steam cleaning would scare me a bit on an intake manifold that had some carbon deposits too. Duramax, Cummins or Powerstroke makes more sense. BTW, I have used it on a couple marine diesels, but they were 9L motors. They responded well...

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
I'm considering it for the lower EGT's, and the power and mileage gains are a bonus.

Reactions: Gputah

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed an AEM kit on mine which I think is much better value than the Snow kit. they do almost exactly the same thing but the AEM kit is way cheaper. I've been using it for about 5 years so the component quality is good.

as for the gains, it really depends on how you set it up. injection pressure range, water/methanol ratio, other modifications you have etc.

I think water methanol injection is a no brainer for a turbo diesel. many benefits for low cost.

Reactions: HYDREX
1 - 6 of 6 Posts