RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
i don't see a single add Ziggy ,,,,
maybe it's time you got a Adblock for your browser ,
I got Avira web protection , and AdBlock app , all free stuff .
Using Goolgle Chrome.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
You know, I had got ad block for the previous version. Worked well on this site! Unfortunately everything else on my computer was slowed down. That computer finally died, so maybe it is time.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
additional question :
in the past while writing a reply we had the ability to
highlight some words and make them a different color on the post ,
all I see now is to make them in bold letters , or in Italic , even underlined ,
no more different color , no more bigger format ,
is this right ??
P.S. still getting email notifications in both : inbox , and some in spam/undesirable box.

·
Administrator
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
additional question :
in the past while writing a reply we had the ability to
highlight some words and make them a different color on the post ,
all I see now is to make them in bold letters , or in Italic , even underlined ,
no more different color , no more bigger format ,
is this right ??
P.S. still getting email notifications in both : inbox , and some in spam/undesirable box.
Although they are still looking at formatting options, at this time changing font color or font size is not an option.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Maybe an ad-free option for members who are willing to pay.
We are working with our development teams to also introduce a new premium membership for purchase in the coming months that will allow members to view the site ad-free.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well, at least I know that I can get an insurance quote that will give me dream savings on my dream car.
Well, at least I know that I can get an insurance quote that will give me dream savings on my dream car.

Many times in a single thread. And I'm even tricked into reading it over and over because it looks like a post instead of an ad. If I get tired of that I suppose I could just watch the John Deere commercial playing on the side.
Thank you for your feedback on the advertising layout. We aim to integrate the ads in the most seamless way to ensure that it does not block content and can be easily scrolled past if the offer or product is not something of interest to you.

While the complete removal of ads is difficult, ads help support the cost of operating the community, we are always looking at ways to optimize the balance between advertising and content. We are working with our development teams to also introduce a new premium membership for purchase in the coming months that will allow members to view the site ad-free.

- Cricket

·
Registered
774 Posts
First of all, thank you for providing a free forum.

That said, you asked for feedback. I don't understand the trend towards making everything on the web flashy and pictorial. The links to "first", "first unread" and "last" posts are in three different places in the title bar and they don't say what they are. Why couldn't we have simply had linked text saying "first post", first unread post" and "last post" for each thread instead of clicking on the dates? Typically, the title of the thread takes a person to the first post in a thread. You have it going to the first unread post .... different to every other forum I read. Also, I don't care what the dates are.... I just want to start reading at the first unread post and then if I want I can see the date in the post. Also, why can't we have a permanent link at the top of the page to the "unread" part of the Popular posts section? In every forum I read (about four), all I do is go to the "threads with new posts" and those are displayed in chronological order. Then I click a "first unread", go there and start reading.

cheers

·
Administrator
8,675 Posts
Each thread has a "filter" dropdown for sorting as you wish.
You can always go to threads with new posts by clicking on the squiggly arrow upper right corner.
Look around and experiment and you will see many options to customize the forum to your liking.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Ziggy , going by your history ,
you have already achieved the Maximum Trophy numbers ...
over 1000 posts and 500 likes ===> no more trophy ==> going to Hall of Fame . ;)
WAT!!! No more trophies for me? I might as well leave now. Can I sell the ones I have?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Each thread has a "filter" dropdown for sorting as you wish.
You can always go to threads with new posts by clicking on the squiggly arrow upper right corner.
Look around and experiment and you will see many options to customize the forum to your liking.
I appreciate the answer, I really do. But I have neither the time nor the patience (mostly the patience) to experiment and learn, so I'll just do what I can until I give up. This trend toward busy, busy, busy is exhausting.

I was in McDonalds in Ottawa this week. Hadn't been in one for five or more years. Can't order at the counter. There is no posted menu. You have to swipe and scroll to view an order on a touch screen in the waiting area. I have no idea if the last person to swipe on that screen washed their hands or has some communicable disease. So you swipe the screen and then eat your lunch?? All you do at the counter is pay and pick up. Never going to McD's again ... too damn modern.

cheers

·
Administrator
8,675 Posts
I always tell the grandchildren: never stop learning. Be sure to learn new things everyday. :)
The other thing I always tell them is: be sure to wash your hands after handling money Lol. :)

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
While I am not quite sure how I got there, I am sure I will get there again, anyhow I liked stumbling onto the heading that said something like "posts below have not been updated since your last visit." That will save some time.

All in all, even though change is a hassle, I think after a while the new site will be better. It is just that old dogs and new things issue.

·
Administrator
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Setting Your Location
Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select on the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username

Cricket

41 - 60 of 146 Posts