RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
I log in and then click on "NEW" to get all the posts I haven't seen yet. Where on each of those headers does it tell me which ones I have replied to?

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I log in and then click on "NEW" to get all the posts I haven't seen yet. Where on each of those headers does it tell me which ones I have replied to?
in the list of threads that come up ,
locate one that has more than one page , left of the page numbers , there will be an eye ,
means you have subscribed in that thread , or you have clicked the '' Follow '' icone to get
notifications when someone posted in that thread, same eye icone as the one in every column , only smaller
and more to the left .
If there is only one page , that smaller eye will still be there ......?️‍?️
---------------------------
you can also click on your smaller '' Avatar at the top right corner '' , 2 spots right of the '' New '' ,
then click '' alerts '' , every thread you contributed to , and to which someone wrote something after you ,
is listed in that alerts list .

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
LOL , everytime you post in a thread , you have sudscribed to that thread ....
clicking the '' Follow '' button is an alternative to just typing '' subscribed ''
you you ever seen it done and wondered why that guy just wrote '' subscribed '' ,
I was wondering what it meant until I figured it out .
-------------------
now that I wrote something after your post ,
click on your Avatar , top right of screen , and then '' alerts '' in the list there
should be a line with a link to this here thread .
-----------
the eye ?️‍?️ does not show on that list , but it does when you click NEW , good luck .

·
Administrator
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I use Google chrome , I added ad block , and ad block plus , and I never see any publicity , never ,
for the ''updated site'' box that appears at lower right , I just go to see what they say , and it does not come back on
in future site log ins , those '' updated site ' 'messages are rare .
I am not certain of the abilities of function of the Microsoft browsers as they tend to cause script breaking errors on this site. Has this happened on any other browsers you're comfortable with?

Welp. I just got asked yet again if I wanted push notifications. Even after supposedly turning that schidt off. Please make it stop. It's really annoying.
This might be a cookie as explained above. Have you cleared the cookies out and are you still seeing issues?

For me, the new push notifications (upper left, lower right) only pester me when I'm logged in. So I will spend more time as an anonymous viewer. Probably not ideal for the website's advertising revenue but that's on them.
If you appropriately dismiss the message your cookies should remember your setting. Otherwise clearing the cookies will show them once more before getting rid of them.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
hello amin , I only use Google Chrome , it serves me well .
I know Edge exists , it is right there on the task bar , but I don't use it .

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
So now it pops up in the middle of my session. Oh, and a new thing started happening! The site randomly notifies me that I'm already signed in so I can't sign in again. WTF? All that in addition to being abysmally slow. And it's not my connection/computer because this is the only site where that schidt happens.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
So now it pops up in the middle of my session. Oh, and a new thing started happening! The site randomly notifies me that I'm already signed in so I can't sign in again. WTF? All that in addition to being abysmally slow. And it's not my connection/computer because this is the only site where that schidt happens.
Does it happen through a forum hosting site such as Tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,654 Posts
Can you
No. I don't access the site on my phone.

Can we maybe get instead of "not now" perhaps a "never?"
Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing. It would be nice to figure this out, but it's difficult since I never see these kind of things on the forum.

·
Administrator
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
This can happen if you have also signed in on another computer/device using the same IP. That's happened to me a few times.

As for push notifications, you can change the settings in your user preferences.

Lee

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
This can happen if you have also signed in on another computer/device using the same IP. That's happened to me a few times.

As for push notifications, you can change the settings in your user preferences.

View attachment 85323

Lee
I only have one computer. It is the only device I use. I have now manually turned off ALL notifications, even the FEW that I would have not minded so much. Let's see how that works.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Edge is horrible. I work for a software company, our main applications run in the browser. I've spent almost 8 hours a day for the last 7 years troubleshooting browser issues. Edge is by far the worst browser. I've had the pop up once, after it was first setup. There are many sites that use these same features, and they aren't going anywhere. More and more sites will be doing the same thing. Switch to Chrome and you will be much happier. Edge is so bad that even Microsoft abandoned it as we see it now and are switching to Chromium. Switch to Chrome and live will be better. For everyone.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
So today a new one pops up! I took your damned survey and gave the site quite the scathing review. Come back to the site and the survey popup keeps popping up even after taking the damned survey. WTF?

·
Administrator
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Hello guys,

We have made some updates. Can you confirm that you have cleared your cache and cookies and that you have hit the "Not Now" on the pop-up today?

If so the next time you get the "Push" pops up can you grab us a screenshot with a timestamp, then share the device info and thread where it happened?

We would need a fresh example to share with the team to dig deeper and confirm it is the Push notice in the upper left-hand corner.

Jeff M

101 - 120 of 144 Posts