RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We hope that Ram1500Diesel.com will become the premier resource for Dodge Ram 1500 Diesel Owners across the world! To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at buying a new diesel pickup

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am retired from the propane industry. Up until now I have driven mostly GM vehicles and have had them converted to run on propane. I am currently driving a 2007 GM Denali pickup that runs on propane. Unfortunately, the company that purchased our business no longer does propane conversions and there is no one in the area doing them either. So what do I do. Well, last year I sold my propane powered 2007 Cadillac Escalade and purchased a Mercedes Benz GL350 bluetec. I have been very impressed with the MB 3.0L diesel engine, both the torque and the mileage, as well as the 7 speed transmission. Now I am considering selling my GM pickup and the closest pickup to the MB diesel, is of course the new Ram 1500 diesel. Consequently I am considering purchasing one, as soon as they can be ordered. I do not need a big 3/4 ton pickup, a 1/2 ton is ideal and if the 3.0L engine in the Ram is comparable to the MB diesel, I will be happy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2007 2500 HD diesel. When I purchased this truck I was looking for a 1/2 ton with a diesel. Had to buy 3/4 ton. Looking forward to information on this truck and even more to a test drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I own a 2010 Pathfinder V6 for the seating. Kids now have their drivers licenses, so now daddy can have his Pickup. I own a Seadoo wake 230 boat. At 23'6 and over 5,000lbs (including trailer) it is all the Pathfinder can handle (and not very well). This 1/2 ton diesel should do the trick.
Checking the internet every day to see when I can order!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am retired from the propane industry. Up until now I have driven mostly GM vehicles and have had them converted to run on propane. I am currently driving a 2007 GM Denali pickup that runs on propane. Unfortunately, the company that purchased our business no longer does propane conversions and there is no one in the area doing them either. So what do I do. Well, last year I sold my propane powered 2007 Cadillac Escalade and purchased a Mercedes Benz GL350 bluetec. I have been very impressed with the MB 3.0L diesel engine, both the torque and the mileage, as well as the 7 speed transmission. Now I am considering selling my GM pickup and the closest pickup to the MB diesel, is of course the new Ram 1500 diesel. Consequently I am considering purchasing one, as soon as they can be ordered. I do not need a big 3/4 ton pickup, a 1/2 ton is ideal and if the 3.0L engine in the Ram is comparable to the MB diesel, I will be happy.
Have a 2007 2500 HD diesel. When I purchased this truck I was looking for a 1/2 ton with a diesel. Had to buy 3/4 ton. Looking forward to information on this truck and even more to a test drive.
I own a 2010 Pathfinder V6 for the seating. Kids now have their drivers licenses, so now daddy can have his Pickup. I own a Seadoo wake 230 boat. At 23'6 and over 5,000lbs (including trailer) it is all the Pathfinder can handle (and not very well). This 1/2 ton diesel should do the trick.
Checking the internet every day to see when I can order!!!
Welcome aboard guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All! I'm interested in finding out all I can about the new Ram 1500 Diesel pickup. I travel in my job, and also tow an 8400 # travel trailer. I'm hoping this might provide the magic combination of pulling power, yet the comfort and mileage of a 1/2 ton pickup.

StevieJ911

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've been waiting for a truck like this for awhile. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me trade in my Tacoma for a real truck.
Hi All! I'm interested in finding out all I can about the new Ram 1500 Diesel pickup. I travel in my job, and also tow an 8400 # travel trailer. I'm hoping this might provide the magic combination of pulling power, yet the comfort and mileage of a 1/2 ton pickup.

StevieJ911
Welcome StevieJ911 and KAB! Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi to all,
I'm about ready to retire. We plan on getting a RV trailer and see some of this country. I also need a good daily driver. Hopefully the new Ram ecodiesel will fit the bill. Ive owned several diesels in the past. I now drive a Jetta TDI- good mileage but not the most comfortable ride.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've been waiting for a truck like this for awhile. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me trade in my Tacoma for a real truck.

StevieJ911
Hi to all,
I'm about ready to retire. We plan on getting a RV trailer and see some of this country. I also need a good daily driver. Hopefully the new Ram ecodiesel will fit the bill. Ive owned several diesels in the past. I now drive a Jetta TDI- good mileage but not the most comfortable ride.
Hello and Welcome! Retiring and seeing the Country? Good for you!! I love to hear these types of stories. Thanks for dropping in. Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I live in Oregon where pickups and Subarus are the vehicles of choice. I am somewhat familiar with Chrysler products including my first car, a '65 Dodge Dart, and a couple of Jeeps. I have even owned pickups before including a Studebaker and a Jeep. At this point in life I am looking for a backcountry exploration vehicle that can carry a small camper (not a trailer which I have used and find limiting). Most people would opt for a 3/4 or 1-ton truck but I do not believe in overspecing vehicles and judge that a modern half-ton pickup is easily capable of carrying a lightweight camper and gear for 2 people. Comfort, ruggedness, fuel economy and modest size are important considerations for which the Ram 1500 diesel appears to be a great fit. Now if I can just get my hands on one!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I live in Oregon where pickups and Subarus are the vehicles of choice. I am somewhat familiar with Chrysler products including my first car, a '65 Dodge Dart, and a couple of Jeeps. I have even owned pickups before including a Studebaker and a Jeep. At this point in life I am looking for a backcountry exploration vehicle that can carry a small camper (not a trailer which I have used and find limiting). Most people would opt for a 3/4 or 1-ton truck but I do not believe in overspecing vehicles and judge that a modern half-ton pickup is easily capable of carrying a lightweight camper and gear for 2 people. Comfort, ruggedness, fuel economy and modest size are important considerations for which the Ram 1500 diesel appears to be a great fit. Now if I can just get my hands on one!
Welcome Bigfoot! I think everyone will agree with you on getting their hands on one :) That time can't come soon enough

·
Registered
4 Posts
My first Ram 1500 was a 2005 regular cab. I'm currently on my second, a 2012 crew cab Big Horn with the 5.7 Hemi. Love the trucks.

I had a 1979 VW diesel and loved getting 50 MPG. I can't wait to get on the highway in my future Ecodiesel Laramie or Longhorn and see it getting 28 MPG or maybe a mile or two more. Hot damn.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My first Ram 1500 was a 2005 regular cab. I'm currently on my second, a 2012 crew cab Big Horn with the 5.7 Hemi. Love the trucks.

I had a 1979 VW diesel and loved getting 50 MPG. I can't wait to get on the highway in my future Ecodiesel Laramie or Longhorn and see it getting 28 MPG or maybe a mile or two more. Hot damn.
Welcome Drews60!! Great to see a die hard RAM fan with us :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Already have two diesel autos. '99NB TDI, '12JSW. A pickup truck ready for B20 will be a plus. Once acquired, there will be a nice shop converting WVO into fuel. Cost effective way to operate all three.
083.jpg

Current active duty, stationed at Ft Bliss. Planning on ETS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi to all,
I've been looking through this forum for about 2 months to get a feel for it & registered today. I currently drive (also original owner) a 1997 Doge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT Club Cab with the 360 Magnum. It has 251,690 miles on original motor with only a water pump & a HD timing chain being replaced. Gotta love those on time oil changes. I am going to order, hopefuly by end of August, my Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4 ED and also for my daughter a Bighorn Crew 4x4 with Pentastar V-6 & last but not least propably a Jeep Cherokee for my wife. Think I might have some bargining power with this order & cash :rolleyes:? Hopefuly looking to retire in Nov 2014 but may stay untill 2016 (better money but I want to play).

1 - 20 of 352 Posts