RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
381 - 400 of 444 Posts
Hello from South Florida. Just picked up one week ago. 29 mpg on inaugural trip 550 miles. Very smooth ride. Was so excited I forgot steps. Adding soon for my wife (and me) to get in easier. Looking forward to learning about good maintenance and modifications.

Hello from South Florida. Just picked up one week ago. 29 mpg on inaugural trip 550 miles. Very smooth ride. Was so excited I forgot steps. Adding soon for my wife (and me) to get in easier. Looking forward to learning about good maintenance and modifications. View attachment 88194
Love that color, very good looking rig you have there. Welcome to the site.

As far as steps, take a look at the AMP automatic steps. They are durable, reliable, easy(ish) to install, and tuck up under the truck to maintain the clean look you have now. Your wife will appreciate them as they drop down and out offering a more natural step to use versus traditional running boards that are close to the door sill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roby

We hope that Ram1500Diesel.com will become the premier resource for Dodge Ram 1500 Diesel Owners across the world! To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.:D
ecodiesel laramie longhorn 2015 457,000 km approximate def system $20,000 repair at 224,000 km, and now at 457,000 km air ride compressor and intake manifold kacked to tune of approx $5000 oh yah and shop says they believe engine is blown while in their care......not LOL

Hi! I just traded in my 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax for a 2017 Big Horn Ecodiesel. The reason I went this route was a) I was offered more in trade for my Colorado than I paid for it over two years and 30,000 miles ago, and b) the Colorado/Duramax, while certainly capable, just seemed like it was always struggling a little to tow our 22' travel trailer.

I actually made the deal in the middle of a camping trip in another state. The Ram was equipped exactly as I wanted it, and the price was significantly lower in the Midwest than what they are going for where I live (Colorado). The Ram had fewer miles than my Colorado (35,000 vs. 37,000). I ended up paying the dealer $3,000 plus my trade in.

Towed our camper 1,000 miles back home with the Ram. The Ram is WAY more comfortable than the Colorado. It's got so much more room, and the interior is so much nicer than the Colorado. The fuel mileage was nearly identical (around 13-14 mpg driving about 70 mph on the interstate). The Colorado was a more off-roady vehicle (more narrow, shorter wheel base, beefy all-terrain tires, etc.), but I really don't do any off-roading. The closest I come is driving on rough Forest Service roads in the mountains, which the Ram should do just fine on.

So, so far, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Hope it continues.

Hello all. Purchased a 2016 Big Horn edition Eco Diesel in February of this year as an upgrade for my 1993 S-10. Definately loving the extra room in this thing. Was hoping for a little better mileage, but its much better than the old truck. Absolutely love the way it tows my enclosed trailer. Hoping it will serve me well for many years to come.

Hello,
Just purchased 20' Eco larmie crew cab with 3.21. So far in two weeks added mud flaps, window tint on front sides to match rear & hood, bumper & inner door steps with clear coat film. I have the Uc 12" which is locked up 4 out of 5 times. It is at the dealer as I type plus the P026C code for possible bad injector.
My other ride, that I will be selling soon, is a 2006 F250 crew bad lariat with the awesome 6.0 with 302k. Heavily modded such that my 0-60mph stock of 9.2sec is now at 4.9s.

Cheers!

Hello all from MO! Recently picked up a 2022 1500 Eco Rebel Night Edition (just rolled 1k on odo) with the tow group, Rebel 12 package, Rebel lvl 2 equip group, 33 gal tank, etc. I have added the Dualliner, RetraxPro XR tonneau, AMP Research power step, full rear 5% tint, 35% tint on front sides and windshield AS1 line, Core HD cargo bar, Truxedo expedition storage unit, stone/bug deflector, window deflectors, and perhaps most importantly McGard cone bulge black lugs. (why put chrome on a night ed.???)

First pickup but have been MOPAR for a long time, 5.7 Durango then a '18 scatpack charger that got traded in for the 1500 after being rear ended. Went Eco as I do plenty of highway miles and will tow.

Looking to still add a low profile retracting bed step, Yakima Overhaul HD Racks and possibly the Tazer DT. Loved the tazer in my scat but still on the fence given fewer used features and some stories I have read with the 1500's.

Sofaking tune somewhere down the road, throttle lag is not anything near what I have read from the recall experience.

Look forward to learning from you all and helping others if I can.

Hi Everyone. I've been lurking trying to decide if this is a legit forum, turns out I've gotten a lot of great info just from my lurking. I purchased a '14 1500 ED in September '21. I love the truck, when it runs. So far I had a failure of the DEF level sensor, down for almost 2 weeks in Late November/Early December, but got a new DEF tank covered by the extended warranty I purchased. As of 1/10/22 it is back at the shop with 2 error codes, one for the air suspension and one for the throttle control. Air suspension was a blown fuse due to the system overheating, throttle control is the dreaded tone wheel failure. I really enjoy this truck when it is functioning. I'm in Eastern WA. Thanks for posting, I really appreciate the things I've learned so far!

381 - 400 of 444 Posts