RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D well I totaled my 08 ram 2500 cummins on june 1st. I was hoping to wait a year or two and let the bugs get worked out on the eco dsl. found a red eco dsl on the lot and put money down on it til my check gets in from insurance. wound up getting it for 39k otd. sticker was 45205 I think I did good :) .this will be my 5th dodge dsl. cant wait to pick it up and see what mpg I can get out of her.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Sorry for the crash but sounds like you came out okay. Welcome to the small diesel. I think you will find the bugs worked out and will enjoy a much smaller fuel bill among other things.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a 4x2 big horn. only option it doesn't have that I can think of is the nav system and the ram bed thing

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Welcome.

Was the "total" caused by pilot error or were you a victim of circumstances, like Moe, Larry and Curley?

·
Registered
505 Posts
You were lucky to find an ED on the lot and available. It will be interesting to hear how you compare the little diesel to the Cummings.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was pilot error. wet road, down a long steep hill and into a sharp corner. back bumper decided it wanted to be out front went off the road and flipped once. came out of it with a broke leg luckily that was it. wasn't going fast just everything came together at the wrong time officer said there was nothing I could have done to save it once it started. I think I was turning the steering wheel both ways at the same time trying to save it. only thing still straight on the truck was the hood ,tailgate and both bumpers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
:D well I totaled my 08 ram 2500 cummins on june 1st. I was hoping to wait a year or two and let the bugs get worked out on the eco dsl. found a red eco dsl on the lot and put money down on it til my check gets in from insurance. wound up getting it for 39k otd. sticker was 45205 I think I did good :) .this will be my 5th dodge dsl. cant wait to pick it up and see what mpg I can get out of her.
You haven't committed insurance fraud have you? ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
it was pilot error. wet road, down a long steep hill and into a sharp corner. back bumper decided it wanted to be out front went off the road and flipped once. came out of it with a broke leg luckily that was it. wasn't going fast just everything came together at the wrong time officer said there was nothing I could have done to save it once it started. I think I was turning the steering wheel both ways at the same time trying to save it. only thing still straight on the truck was the hood ,tailgate and both bumpers.
Sure, I believe you and I hope the insurance adjuster does too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I think I was turning the steering wheel both ways at the same time trying to save it.
See, now THERE's your problem...

Not sure where you're located (you can add that tidbit into your profile if you choose), but in *most* states, during the driving exams, they cover things like the steering wheel only turns in one direction at a time. By jumping dimensions as you clearly did, to enable turning of the wheel in two directions at the same moment, you threw the localized universe around you outta whack. THAT's what caused the accident. It wasn't the wet road, or the sharp turn. It was plain old universal, temporal displacement brought on by forcing a steering wheel in two directions at the same time. There's a lesson in there:

Don't f**k with the universe - it f**ks back!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks sportsguy I needed a good laugh. :eek: .
See, now THERE's your problem...

Not sure where you're located (you can add that tidbit into your profile if you choose), but in *most* states, during the driving exams, they cover things like the steering wheel only turns in one direction at a time. By jumping dimensions as you clearly did, to enable turning of the wheel in two directions at the same moment, you threw the localized universe around you outta whack. THAT's what caused the accident. It wasn't the wet road, or the sharp turn. It was plain old universal, temporal displacement brought on by forcing a steering wheel in two directions at the same time. There's a lesson in there:

Don't f**k with the universe - it f**ks back!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Man, sorry for the lost of your Cummins. Just hope that everyone is ok. Too bad this won't be a Dodge Diesel, since Dodge has no diesels in their North American lineup. This will, of course, be an awesome Ram Diesel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts