RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,296 Posts
I'm glad I'm still under the 100K warranty from fca. They can fix it and not me.
What year is your truck? You posted in the 2020+ section of the forum, but I assume you have an older truck due to the tone wheel failure.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Yes, wrong forum. I can't seem to keep these straight for some reason. Keep getting into the wrong one. I see "general discussion", but don't see the delineation between years.
Sorry.
No worries. I just like to know what to look out for, so knowing the model year helps. I also have a 2015, so I'm watching your thread. Looking forward to updates.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
I do have the extended MoPar Warr up to 100K.
Warranties are based on time and mileage. Is the extended warranty good for 5 years/100,000 miles, or 7 years/100,000 miles, or 8 years/100,000 miles?

· Registered
4,296 Posts

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Just and FYI:
Dealership says MoPar has yet to show up to review/approve engine replacement. Hopefully they will show soon and not take a year to show up so another year to get an engine. Being stuck at home is not fun. Can't get another vehicle so sit and wait.
Most of the time, the service advisor contacts the area representative who approves warranty claims. The process is usually a simple phone call (or email) to start the process. Supporting documentation is requested to ensure that the service advisor and technician has fully completed all protocols. A decision is usually made within a few days after all the information has been submitted.

It seems odd (and very inefficient) that FCA's areas representative has to come in to approve something that can be done remotely.

· Registered
4,296 Posts

· Registered
4,296 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts