RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I would have sold it the day you decided to consider joining this forum using the handle "Ecotrash"
This is very true. He/She joined in June and wanted to be identified and known as "Ecotrash". Then one month later, he/she experienced a trashed engine. It's almost like he/she invited the negativity into his/her life. Why own something you hate?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Is there a scenario where this wouldn’t be covered by the extended warranty?
You should be covered under the 5 year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.

I don’t think my forum handle invited the negative energy,,,,, I think I just bought a crap vehicle.
There isn't empirical scientific evidence that the law of attraction is factual, however, I don't think it's beneficial to keep something you think is junk.

Reactions: MR. TED

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Plot twist…… they said since my truck originated in Canada, I don’t have any warranty. What a sham.
It's not a sham, but it is a shame. Before buying your truck, did you know it had originated in Canada?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
i think its dishonest on the Dealer's behalf and Ram.
You can say it's bad business practice, but it's not dishonest. It's a written policy. FCA also doesn't warranty a vehicle purchased in the United States and taken to Canada unless the customer gets approval from Chrysler Canada.

I'm not sure what legal policies and procedures are required for dealers regarding disclosures. Even so, the customer has a responsibility to research what they are buying, what is warrantied, and other details.

Reactions: StuartV

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Assumptions aside. Truck shouldn't blow bearings at such low mileage. Ram should step up.
It makes no sense why FCA finds the HPFP dangerous but doesn't see an issue with the spun bearings, especially knowing the HPFP has an estimated 1% failure rate, and the spun bearing issue has an estimated 15% failure rate. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I completely agree but why the change of heart on the bearing failures?
I haven't had a change of heart on the bearing issue. I'm simply baffled as to why FCA would recall the HPFP claiming it's a danger when the spun bearing issue is more of a common danger issue.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
It seems to me its a mix here of opinions every time yet another failure is piles on, some folks are desperately trying to cling to the idea that thier maintenance choices make these failure within thier control and are quick to criticize those who had more often been more or less unlucky.
Most of us (including GDE) feel comfortable with the idea that assembly and part tolerances is the issue with spun bearings. Generally speaking, 2nd gen EcoDiesel owners have an 85% chance of getting a good engine.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I was thinking that because they recalled the HPFP on the Cummins and the same pump is on the Eco they kinda had no choice?
I don't know this to be 100% factual, but it seemed the failure rate on the Cummins was much higher than on the EcoDiesel. As a matter of fact, Cummins went back to the CP3 pump which requires different tuning.

The EcoDiesel will most likely get the new updated CP4 pump, perhaps the same one that came factory on the 2020+ EcoDiesel engines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts