RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup. Saw the light yesterday. Stopped by Advance Auto Parts and they read it for me. I have an "older" GDE tune, so it is from before they "deleted" the EGR so no remedy there. I guess it's time for me to get off my butt and do that No Eco thing.

Anybody wanna give me some tips?

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
well the step by step was made for the Sasquatch kit , but the No Eco has the same design at location 2 ,
; the difference is the fancy No Eco plate for location 3 , that looks like it will make the job even less complicated .
so you should be all set with these instructions ;

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I done ordered the No Eco Stage 2 kit. I hope I don't break any bolts, but it seems inevitable on a 5 year old truck with over 130,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
The Torx 40 ( sometimes reported to be Torx 35 ) holding a bracket , if it gives problems
just cut the bracket with a saw , it is a $10 bracket that can be easily replaced and not worth
the trouble , Torx bolt accessed easily after the unit is removed from truck .

If you ever break the 3 bolts at the turbo Up Pipe location ,( lower part , 3 hole plate )
they are long enough to use nuts on the broken bolts that will be studs by then .
it happened to anothermember and he posted a picture of the broken bolts , I guess
a die set or a file was used to make the threads nice and even before putting on the nuts .
the bolts to hold the Turbo UpPipe are so long it was not a big nightmare .

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CEL went away. No Eco kit has not yet arrived one week later. How long does shipping usually take?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts