RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start at the beginning. I have been following this forum a while waiting for the Ram 1500 diesel being released.I live about four miles from the largest volume Ram dealer in the tri-state area and check their inbound orders a few times a week at their website. Last Weds. I noticed a deep cherry red crystal pearl quad cab Laramie due in any day. My wife and I left the house early Thursday to load up on local blueberries to freeze. Passing Circle Dodge on the way, we figured we would cruise through to look at the Ram 1500 diesels before they opened. BIG SURPRISE....they were already open. Long story short. That new truck had just off loaded. We took one look at it, checked out all the equiptment, and ended up leaving in it as new owners. Didn't even look back at the Touareg Lux TDI that we traded. What a truck!! Better than I even expected. I've had three duramax Diesel pickups for recreational use over the past 12 years, so no stranger to diesel trucks. This new Ram 1500 beats them easily overall . This one will be staying a long time.

MIC5EY
2014 Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4X4 Diesel Pickup
Former GMC and Chevy DuraMax Diesel, and Touareg TDI owner

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats! If you don't mind, what was the damage?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Congrats.

I was one of the idiot's who ordered early... and kept my fingers crossed, in hopes that it would be good. Well.... I'm with you. I traded my Gas V8 Ram, and I've been very happy. It's a great truck... with great MPG's... and great capabilities.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Let me start at the beginning. I have been following this forum a while waiting for the Ram 1500 diesel being released.I live about four miles from the largest volume Ram dealer in the tri-state area and check their inbound orders a few times a week at their website. Last Weds. I noticed a deep cherry red crystal pearl quad cab Laramie due in any day. My wife and I left the house early Thursday to load up on local blueberries to freeze. Passing Circle Dodge on the way, we figured we would cruise through to look at the Ram 1500 diesels before they opened. BIG SURPRISE....they were already open. Long story short. That new truck had just off loaded. We took one look at it, checked out all the equiptment, and ended up leaving in it as new owners. Didn't even look back at the Touareg Lux TDI that we traded. What a truck!! Better than I even expected. I've had three duramax Diesel pickups for recreational use over the past 12 years, so no stranger to diesel trucks. This new Ram 1500 beats them easily overall . This one will be staying a long time.

MIC5EY
2014 Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4X4 Diesel Pickup
Former GMC and Chevy DuraMax Diesel, and Touareg TDI owner
Pictures, we need pictures!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics soon, guys, I'm still sorting out everything from the T-reg I dumped on the garage floor,, including the spare key fob.
The Laramie listed for $51,420. discounted roughly 7K including rebates I qualified for. Plus I got a very fair trade price for my Touareg, ntdguy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting, I currently have a 2012 touareg tdi , which I love, but will be trading in someday for the ram diesel as I like the idea of having a pickup with the power, economy and luxury that I now have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
wvdearbeck, I don't feel I gave up any luxury or ride quality with the Laramie, and its better looking.. Make sure you get the rambox option. Not one drop of water inside after yesterdays storm, and they are huge. They are like giant coolers with rubber seals. They , and the tailgate lock and unlock with the key fob, just like the rest of the doors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats, I also replaced a BMW X5 Diesel with an Ecodiesel. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do miss the BMW Comfort Seats, that's it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts