RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a pre-owned 2015 Laramie 4x4, with just 15,000 miles, and it's my first-ever modern pickup. Thank you to this forum for making my first few months with the EcoDiesel really great ones: every question or issue had an answer.

Towed with SUV's for years, most recently a BMW X5. At the time, it was one of the few small diesels available in the US, and with some truck-like capabilities - but it sold me on small diesels. Its motor specs were quite close to the ED, and it towed a 5200lb/2200 kg travel trailer very well. But I needed true off-road and more towing capability for some field work. So, kept watching the dealer, and finally worked a good trade-in. It was one week before the current EPA versus FCA shenanigans began.

Only customizing has been a Roll 'N Lock tonneau and Line-X bedliner. I did buy one of the ECUs in this thread, planning for a GDE tune in the near future.

I'm consistently getting 16-18 MPG towing, 23 in mixed city driving, and around 29 highway. The truck's smooth ride, with the coils and multi-link suspension, just blows me away. I've done some light trail/offroad, and only managed to puncture one of the stock 20 inch GY SRAs. It's getting some LT-rated rubber soon, probably Michelin ATs based on previous good experience on SUVs.

I have a single complaint: the doggoned moonroof rattle, documented here. I think it might just need some glue!

Looking forward to my daily dose of EcoDiesel discussion.

-- Dub

Ram1500ED.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
Nice looking truck & AS Dub. What color is your truck?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking setup. Best of luck with your new wheels.
I'm getting close to my first year and still love driving this truck!

Leaving today for the Herkimer Diamond Mines (not real diamonds) with the 7k tt to camp for the next 4 days. First tow of the season, can't wait to get started!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts