RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting on the forum but have been a long time reader of this forum.

I have a 2015 Ram 1500 4wd ecodiesel lone star trim with 144,000 miles. I took it into the dealership 1 week ago for overheating, they confirmed it was something to do with the turbo and it was a recall under warranty.

They finished the repair today and were in the middle of a test drive and it caught on fire and burned on the side of the highway.

The truck was paid off and now I am worried they are not going to give me enough value to get a comparable truck (because of current market)…they said they are currently having their insurance company assess and have given me a loaner for the time being.

Please help, what should my next steps be?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Dang, that's tough. Sorry to hear this. I would talk to the General Manager before consulting with an attorney. If the dealer isn't able to work out a favorable deal with you, then you can talk to an attorney to see what your legal options are. I would also consult with your insurance company.

·
Registered
54 Posts
welcome(y) and sorry to hear about your truck, I'd try to recover full market value, probably best you'll realistically do, or ask them to replace it with a comparable truck, and there are a few out there, best of luck (y) 🙏

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,503 Posts
The replacement idea is a good one to push. Put the onus of replacement on them.

Worth a try.

Reactions: MR. TED

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome to your first post. Sorry it's about a bad experience. I agree with others, try to work out a comparable trade. Might be an easier pill to swallow than a payout even though it's their insurance. Also, unless you are absolutely OK with the offer, I would refrain from signing anything until you speak with an attorney. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I would think the dealer has insurance to cover such matters. Obvious to me, the mechanic hooked up something wrong, causing a fuel leak. Lucky it wasn't a boat or an airplane! Be firm but polite with them.

·
Registered
2018 SLT+ Crewcab Ecodiesel
213 Posts
Wow that sucks!
Hopefully they admit fault, treat you right, and get you into another truck without you having to lay out a big chunk of cash.....we can only hope!

·
Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Bighorn 4x4
307 Posts
Very seldom will anyone walk away made to feel "whole" after an event like that.. Definitely sorry to hear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts