RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I do a Laramie build, and change to the 17" wheel option, the picture doesn't change.

I like the 17" wheels on the Outdoorsman. Anyone know what the Laramie 17" wheels would look like?

Here's what the Outdoorsman looks like (per my understanding):

1322030175_1500-Crew-Outdoorsman-true-blue_ccv.png

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have you tried going to the Ram site and searching dealer's inventory and then selecting a truck equipped like you want? Many dealers now have several pictures and videos of their inventory along with the window stickers so you can ensure its equipped as you like minus the ED. I also used Google and selected images to verify what trim level and color I wanted by looking at several images...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea. Lot's of work, though. The Ram website seems to be missing a lot of info and has incorrect info:

- when you compare all the models in a chart, it doesn't show the ED engine, and says a/c isn't available not the Laramie, etc.
- payload description is actually the towing description
- hard to determine which models you can get leather and which you can't.
- etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Captainimal's wheels are different than the Laramie pkg, I think. The Outdoorsman and ST show "aluminum wheels" but the Laramie shows "Aluminum Chrome Clad".

Google search turned up this pic. I'm thinking this is what they look like

fd55f42f195cf2d675ebfc2fb811b338x.jpg

·
Registered
454 Posts
For some of those wheels, whoever gave the ok for the designs needs to be shown the door. There are a couple that are just.....yuck. Guess I better learn to like excessive chrome too lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For some of those wheels, whoever gave the ok for the designs needs to be shown the door. There are a couple that are just.....yuck. Guess I better learn to like excessive chrome too lol
I know that style is a personal preference, but I'm with you. Keep the chrome. Looks cheap to me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Brochure says 17" painted aluminum wheels standard for the outdoorsman with LT A/T tires. Anyone know exactly what tires are "supposed" to be coming on the outdoorsman with 17"s? And what's the deal with "painted" aluminum wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think all aluminum wheels are painted - with a clear coat. Otherwise, they'll pit and be just about impossible to clean.

·
Registered
127 Posts
20140416_140829.jpg

Went and looked at my new Ed today and here's an image of the 17" aluminum wheels that came on it....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts