RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh Oh. I logged onto the GDE site and didn't see their EcoDiesel Hot Tune advertised and the Transmission tune is sold out. How can software be sold out? Honestly, if GDE is no longer doing EcoDiesel tunes I won't have the recall done. It's worth $3000 to have a safe, powerful, well running truck rather than take a chance on the recall's tune. Maybe the EcoDiesel part is being updated, I dunno. I'll check their site again tomorrow.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Uh Oh. I logged onto the GDE site and didn't see their EcoDiesel Hot Tune advertised and the Transmission tune is sold out. How can software be sold out? Honestly, if GDE is no longer doing EcoDiesel tunes I won't have the recall done. It's worth $3000 to have a safe, powerful, well running truck rather than take a chance on the recall's tune. Maybe the EcoDiesel part is being updated, I dunno. I'll check their site again tomorrow.
I'm with you, I can't wait to get the GDE tune.

https://www.greendieselengineering.com/PerfCompFCAEcoDiesel.action

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wonder if it has anything to do with the EPA ruling against PDI that just hit a few days ago??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
EVERY product they offer is "SOLD OUT"... Any of the Mods who have a direct line will you update this thread if they do not?

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Oh oh...

Let's just figure there's a temporary change in the website and phone operation. Without them the Ecodiesel owner is forced to deal with all that emission equipment. Then, when there is trouble, you have to delete to keep it running or spend thousands to keep all that crappy emissions stuff working. It's not going to be worth it.

GDE owners, never get your ECM's programmed by mistake or worse, by choice. You could be dumping your engine into a rat hole of trouble. Let's all hope this is just a temporary thing.

**** I just checked. ALL products are marked "SOLD OUT". To me that would mean they are not doing business right now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
They are probably complying with the new EPA deal. Their tunes are not on road approved. Hopefully we get some clarification and maybe they are in the process of becoming certified. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
You can add items to your cart and proceed to checkout. Anybody want to enter their payment info. and see what happens? I didn't go that far.:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks like i wont be taking my truck in for the tailgate recall. Not worth risking the dealership flashing over my hot tune and not being able to get it back.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I can't even find the tune for sale anywhere on their site.. and the update is soldout too... Other tunes available for different vehicles, but not the RAM 1500.
Transmission tune appears to be available.

Quite concerning to say the least.

EDIT: I tried putting several tunes into cart , but they say sold out when I go to checkout.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Nice of a Forum sponsor to not provide clarity or updates...at this point. I will stand by my previous assertion of intent vs. Exhaust remaining intact. Typically the Feds move en masse and this has questionably occurred or at least spooked GDE. Their forum has been thinned too on the website...Feds snap screenshots months/years in advance...

Postal IG will pursue paper trail...I will don my tin foil hat...stock the bunker w/ booze and cigars awaiting the Marshall's to appear... LmAo

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I asked about getting a new stock ECU they responded with the following "As for stock ECMs we are currently out of stock and don’t appear to be getting any anytime soon. "

This was on Monday of this week. Definitely does not sound good.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Strange - you would think GDE would have put an explanation on their web site.

·
Registered
257 Posts
https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-tuning/4962-green-diesel-thread-post88864.html#post88864

I found GDE’s post (link above) from 2015 where the say there weren’t pursuing a CARB OE due to cost. The market has changed in 2019. I’m hoping GDE isn’t out of the running forever. If all aftermarket tuners are forced to stop selling tunes by the EPA then whoever can get a tune CARB certified will get all the market to themselves. Being that some owners with GDE tunes have passed annual emissions tests in California, GDE may be able to tweak their tune a bit, spend the $33000 on the CARB OE application and to get a GDE tune CARB certified.

1 - 20 of 546 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.