RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just bought a 2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Laramie. It is a very nice truck. I have always used GM trucks, so this is my first non GM.

I am looking for a diagnostic tool/scanner to read error codes of the RAM. There are so many out there, but which one works best for the RAM? Do the RAM only use OBD-II codes, or do they use other standards as well? It must be able to reset error codes, not only read the codes. What are you guys using?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Edge CTS2 It can be set to read many different PIDS and I like the soot % and regen status.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Scanguage II from Linear Logic. It may not be the "best", but it reads everything the Edge does for a lot less money and has a much smaller footprint. You just can't execute a regen with it like the Edge. Order direct by phone and it will come set up for the ED. Plug and play. Just choose the fields you want to monitor. (Usually EG1, C11, STM). Best $160. I spent on my ED. Its in my CTD now.

·
Registered
13,577 Posts
Get an OBDII monitor and leave it in all the time. Some, like the Scan Gauge and Ultra Gauge, are quite cheap. They do what you want and also monitor things like sensors for temperature in the Diesel Particulate Filter. That will tell you when a regeneration is going on.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Get an OBDII monitor and leave it in all the time. Some, like the Scan Gauge, are quite cheap. They do what you want and also monitor things like sensors for temperature in the Diesel Particulate Filter. That will tell you when a regeneration is going on.
Are you still using the Ultra Gauge? If so, how's it working out for you still?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone buy this Actron CP9680 OBD II Scan tool? If I want to buy a good obd2 scanner under $100 then what be your suggestion or prefer model?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,477 Posts
If I want to buy a good obd2 scanner under $100 then what be your suggestion or prefer model?
Many on here use the OBDLink(ScanTool) MX Bluetooth OBDII reader and pair it with an Android phone. Then use Torque Pro app to read live data and error codes. OBDLink makes a WiFi version for Apple phones, that gets paired with Fusion.
There is an entire thread about Torque Pro(Fusion info too).
http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-tuning/1582-[official]-torque-pro-app-thread.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many on here use the OBDLink(ScanTool) MX Bluetooth OBDII reader and pair it with an Android phone. Then use Torque Pro app to read live data and error codes. OBDLink makes a WiFi version for Apple phones, that gets paired with Fusion.
There is an entire thread about Torque Pro(Fusion info too).
http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-tuning/1582-[official]-torque-pro-app-thread.html
Ok thanks get it. I should buy torque pro app and an obd2 Bluetooth connector. It is the right combination of good scanner tools.

Update: I have placed order through Amazon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there a low cost option (under $50) recommends to use on my ED to to read and reset codes? Basically need it to reset a code so I can drive it to the dealer without limping there. Lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts