RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the trucks are showing up, I would like to see what people are actually paying for them.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I got a almost optioned out laramie limited 4x4 diesel for 56k out the door all in. (49700 +taxes)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Now that the trucks are showing up, I would like to see what people are actually paying for them.
I think you have to know what you are truly looking at. It is of little help for someone to say I paid X but for what options here is my build and breakdown of numbers.
Placed my order on 2/28Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn 6'4" bed Maximum Steel metallic, Black/diesel gray interior3.55 rear endUconnect® 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV*Premium Cloth Bucket Seats17“wheelsAnti-Spin Differential Rear Axle*Protection GroupComfort GroupLuxury GroupRemote Start and Security Group*Rear Window Defroster*Trailer Brake Control*Air Suspension, 4-Corner*Rear Camera/park assistRubber floor matsDelete from standard: tow mirrors, CD playerMSRP: $50,200Invoice:$45,826Hold back: $1,470Price paid: $$44,373 + 283 dealer fees = $44,656*Eligible rebates $4,000 (right now)*Total check will be for $40,656 plus tax

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a pretty good deal. I've been waiting for the ED since day1. I have never ordered a vehicle and wouldn't order without knowing what I am paying. I just don't understand that part... That's why I am very curious about what people really end up paying when they do pick up (no pun intended) their ED's.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ok, heres the breakdown as i look at my puchase agreement. Ok 28m customer preferred package(laramie limited), 3.0L turbo diesel, 8 speed transmission, laramie limited buckets, power sunroof, anti spin diff, class iv hitch, trailer brake control, delete running boards (750 credit). Total basic vehicle 49503.75 + 199 pre delievry expense whatever that is. So 49702.76+ tax(13percent here in ontario)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you have to know what you are truly looking at. It is of little help for someone to say I paid X but for what options here is my build and breakdown of numbers.
Placed my order on 2/28Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn 6'4" bed Maximum Steel metallic, Black/diesel gray interior3.55 rear endUconnect® 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV*Premium Cloth Bucket Seats17“wheelsAnti-Spin Differential Rear Axle*Protection GroupComfort GroupLuxury GroupRemote Start and Security Group*Rear Window Defroster*Trailer Brake Control*Air Suspension, 4-Corner*Rear Camera/park assistRubber floor matsDelete from standard: tow mirrors, CD playerMSRP: $50,200Invoice:$45,826Hold back: $1,470Price paid: $$44,373 + 283 dealer fees = $44,656*Eligible rebates $4,000 (right now)*Total check will be for $40,656 plus tax
Or in relation to MSRP and/or Invoice, , with incentives and rebates

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sorry crew cab and 5'7" box......black on black

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My msrp was 67 and change + tax..... pretty sure ram gave me 13k right off the hood and the rest was dealer

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My understanding is laramie trim and above is 11500 off + 1500 if you are a tradesman and laramie and below is 8500+ 1500 for tradesman.....thats ontario canada

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Thats the way the sales women explained it to me anyways

·
Registered
236 Posts
Picking my truck up on Thursday 27th here's what its got and what I paid I think it was fair.

Black 2014 Ram 1500 Bighorn CrewCab 4x4 6'4 bed

MSRP $46,015

Premium Cloth Bucket Seats $ 250
Full-Length Floor Console
Customer Preferred Package 28Z $ 730
20-Inch x 8.0-Inch Aluminum Chrome
Clad Wheels
P275/60R20 BSW All Season Tires
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Cloth 40 / 20 / 40 Premium Bench Seat
Fog Lamps
Electric Shift-On-Demand Transfer Case
3.55 Rear Axle Ratio
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Power 10-Way Driver Seat
Rear 60 / 40 Split Folding Seat
Folding Flat Load Floor Storage
115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
Remote Start and Security Group $ 350
8-Speed TorqueFlite Auto Trans 8HP70 $ 500
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle $ 325
3.0-Liter V6 EcoDiesel Engine $ 4,000
800-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
GVW Rating - 6,950 Pounds
Maximum Duty Engine Cooling
Selective Catalytic Reduction (UREADEF)
Dual Rear Exhaust with Bright Tips
Package Value Savings of $3,200
Included in Big Horn Price

Total out the door price $38,627.00

I also got 75 months threw Chrysler capital at 2.9%

I wasn't able to place an order on one so I just got on the web ended up talking to about 23 dealers before I found these guys and they are only a few hours from the plant so it is a guarantee they said for it to be there this Thursday since its coming in on semi.

·
Registered
396 Posts
That's a pretty good deal. I've been waiting for the ED since day1. I have never ordered a vehicle and wouldn't order without knowing what I am paying. I just don't understand that part... That's why I am very curious about what people really end up paying when they do pick up (no pun intended) their ED's.
This is the first time I have ordered also. The deal you want to shoot for would be invoice minus 3%. To figure this out go to truecar.com build your truck. It will give you both MSRP and invoice. Take MSRP subtract 1195 (destination) multiple that number by .03 that will give you hold back. Now take your invoice price and subtract your hold back. After that you can subtract any eligible rebates. This would be a good deal. some have gotten better deals than that. If it were me I wouldn't settle for less. It took me a week of emails to a bunch of dealers and I was starting to think I would not be able to do what everyone else was getting but in the end I did. Every dealer came right to invoice on their second price and the dealer I bought from came to this on his second price.
I hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is the first time I have ordered also. The deal you want to shoot for would be invoice minus 3%. To figure this out go to truecar.com build your truck. It will give you both MSRP and invoice. Take MSRP subtract 1195 (destination) multiple that number by .03 that will give you hold back. Now take your invoice price and subtract your hold back. After that you can subtract any eligible rebates. This would be a good deal. some have gotten better deals than that. If it were me I wouldn't settle for less. It took me a week of emails to a bunch of dealers and I was starting to think I would not be able to do what everyone else was getting but in the end I did. Every dealer came right to invoice on their second price and the dealer I bought from came to this on his second price.
I hope this helps and good luck.
Nailem, you are almost dead on with this. Using my ballpark figuring, I figured the truck I want would be right around $39,000 USD for a good deal. Using your calculations it came out to $39,167. Amazing. I think I may finally be ordering my truck tomorrow (unfortunately with a couple of give-ins).

·
Registered
3 Posts
My understanding is laramie trim and above is 11500 off + 1500 if you are a tradesman and laramie and below is 8500+ 1500 for tradesman.....thats ontario canada
Chris,

You able to find a link to this? If you are correct and the Laramie and higher are $3000 more off than the lower trim models I would buy one tomorrow.

All I can find is the $8500 off (for Canada) and $1500 for a tradesperson, or if you currently own a pickup.

I am currently on the fencing selling my 2011 Tacoma (which I recently filled at a shameful 15mpg), and upgrading to ED Outdoorsman or Laramie.

The Outdoorsman with all my options is $41,500 after rebates, and a Laramie is $48,000.

I don't really like the base outdoorsman interior, and an additional $3000 off the Laramie would make the decision easy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Chris,

You able to find a link to this? If you are correct and the Laramie and higher are $3000 more off than the lower trim models I would buy one tomorrow.

All I can find is the $8500 off (for Canada) and $1500 for a tradesperson, or if you currently own a pickup.

I am currently on the fencing selling my 2011 Tacoma (which I recently filled at a shameful 15mpg), and upgrading to ED Outdoorsman or Laramie.

The Outdoorsman with all my options is $41,500 after rebates, and a Laramie is $48,000.

I don't really like the base outdoorsman interior, and an additional $3000 off the Laramie would make the decision easy.
Seven View Chrysler are advertising the $13k off on Sport + Laramie trims and my local dealer said they can also do the same thing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok, heres the breakdown as i look at my puchase agreement. Ok 28m customer preferred package(laramie limited), 3.0L turbo diesel, 8 speed transmission, laramie limited buckets, power sunroof, anti spin diff, class iv hitch, trailer brake control, delete running boards (750 credit). Total basic vehicle 49503.75 + 199 pre delievry expense whatever that is. So 49702.76+ tax(13percent here in ontario)
Including freight and all that jazz? Man that's a good deal, insanely good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
13,000 off isn't the same thing.

If it was $13,000 off by RAM then there would be additional dealer reductions.

$13,000 off by the dealership is $10,000 of by RAM + $3000 off by dealership. So i bet there is little to no wiggle room left.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Wondering if I can get some input on the quote below (the only discount I qualify for is the $8500.00). I am in Ontario:

Need some people to weigh in here. I am being given what I think is a good price, but also feel I am getting taken on my trade in - which probably evens it up. But wanted to see how much - if I am right, etc.

Here is the Truck I have been quoted on:

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Added on Options:
Leather Buckets
8.4 with Nav
Air Suspension
Tow Brake
Moonroof
Limited Slip Dif
3.55 Gear
Diesel
Floor mats
Chrome wheel to wheel side steps
Granite Crystal - Monotone
Hitch Reciever
Rear window defroster
Spray in Bed Liner
Park Sense - Front/Back
Remote Start/Security
Protection Group (Skid plates, etc.)

Pretty much loaded except the Ram Box, wihch I don't need.

Being quoted 51988.00 plus tax (and nothing else other than licensing) out the door.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
No dont buy that!!! I got a laramie limited almost every option for 49700 plus just hst (13percent)...... pm me and ill tell ya where you can get the hook ups

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Vantage, ya i not sure of the links....i am going by what i was told by the sales women....ram gave me 13k and the dealer gave me a few more grand the way she told me......

Neizel, yes that 49700 is with all frieght pdi dealer fee this dealer fee that....that is 49700 plus hst(13percent) out tha door here is your truck, see ya later

I dont know if it makes a difference but that is no loan through the dealer, so i esentially buying it cash as far as they are concerned....i did financing through my bank, i dont think that matters though

Also i got the extra 1500 because im a tradesman to make the 13k total from ram......

1 - 20 of 33 Posts