RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new to me 2016 ED Limited with air ride. My last 2016 limited didn't have air ride and I put a leveling kit, Fuel wheels, and 34 in Cooper AT3s. My Fuel mpg went from 30-32 mpg combined to 24-25. I did it for the look and I'm not making the same mistake since I mainly use this truck for long commutes and very light towing of a trailer and a few motorcycles.

So what do y'all suggest for A/S that are around the same weight as the SR-As with good wet traction, will get me at least 40-50k miles of highway driving with weekly PSI checks and 5k rotation schedule. Ive been looking at the Hankook AT2 in the stock size also...only A/T I have considered

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
AT3W has stock. My 305/55/20E is 10/32 at 60,000 miles. The OEM size is 6 ply LT and will downsize to it once/if these current tire ever wear out :rolleyes:. Excellent in rain, clay, and off road water.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Those thin SRA's are hard to beat for fuel economy. After two sets of them, I changed to Summitomo HT or something like that. about 4 lbs heavier and stiffer bu so far I like them. I have put 20k miles on them and they are wearing fine. Got them off amazon for 125 apiece. They are a highway tread and do so much better in wet and snow than the SRA's did. They are rated highly on Tire Rack.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Michelin Defender LTX M/S if you want good ride, 70k miles, and weight close to stock. Low rolling resistance as well.

Watch the weight closely when buying tires, stay as close to the stock 40 lb as possible. The added weight will kill your MPG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts