RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
First off welcome aboard!!! Hopefully I will have some info next week Weds/Thursday on when they are going to launch and open up for orders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can't wait till I can see it in person.

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas in February. I've been waiting for this truck for years. Now its almost here, but I have to wait 2 more years til our car is paid off. This will unbelievably be my first totally new vehicle (I'm 44). I guess anything you want bad enough, time will only make it sweeter. At least with the forum I'll be well informed when
the purchasing day arrives.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well guys I don't have anything new to announce unfortunately. Still looking at "early 2014" right now. I heard they are getting A LOT of heat for getting the 2014 Jeep Cherokee out the door 3 months late. I'm sure Sergio is pacing the halls with the 1500 Diesel being pushed back. They keep botching these releases. Dodge Dart, 2014 JC and now the 1500 Diesel.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dealer in AZ just spoke with someone and said early November for a spec sheet to order. However, you seem to get a different answer from each dealer. It would be nice if they (Ram) put out a press release.

Bummer.....Hurry up and wait I guess. :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Build and price is pretty close. Startup to build is in early December for some configs. Quad Cabs and the 3.92 axle is in January. I *expect* ordered to open up in the November/December cycle but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't later. Gotta get the WK diesel out the door first.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to the forum Blinker Fluid :)

I can't wait to see those diesel Jeeps as well. I've read nothing but positive reviews on them so far. I'm thinking that might be my wife's next vehicle.

Build and price is pretty close. Startup to build is in early December for some configs. Quad Cabs and the 3.92 axle is in January. I *expect* ordered to open up in the November/December cycle but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't later. Gotta get the WK diesel out the door first.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
A user on another forum just reported that their dealer said the EcoDiesel 1500 ordering will be delayed until January 1 to give VM Motori more time to meet expected demand. Sad if true. I have a call into my local dealer to verify.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Italian firms are notoriously late with releases in the motorcycle market (first-hand experience, not just speculation)... seems to be true in the automotive market, as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello everyone. New member here. Not new to automotive forums though.

A couple of weeks ago I expressed an interest in ordering a new diesel Ram 1500 to my local fleet manager. He took my option list(Tradesman, 8' bed, regular cab, 31k list) and said he would get back to me. A couple of hours ago he called and said he had just got off the phone with his regional rep about the diesels. Apparently, Ram has decided to run 600 similarly specked units for the first batch in February(rep said) and send them out to dealers. The rep said he would take a look at my option list and see how close it is to the batch run. My fleet guy is supposed to get back with me in a few days. We shall see. I'm not interested in a loaded work truck.

Regards,
Dennis

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was told today, by a dealer that it will be released as a 2015 truck. I don't know how they can do that after winning the 2014 truck of the year... Maybe it will be like my 1998.5 Dodge Ram. Mid year, they went with the 24 valve Cummins.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was told today, by a dealer that it will be released as a 2015 truck. I don't know how they can do that after winning the 2014 truck of the year... Maybe it will be like my 1998.5 Dodge Ram. Mid year, they went with the 24 valve Cummins.
I posted this in the past. My dealer called me to tell me the diesel will be a mid year release. 2014 Eco will be out around the same time as 2015 models. No 2015 ecos will be available then so you will be buying a 2014 Eco at that time. I could not wait so I went with the pentastar. I was going to have to wait 12 weeks for it if they could not fine one. They r so far behind on 2014 ram orders right now that even if they open diesel orders it could be 4-6 months for it to arrive. I have 2 friends with feb delivery dates for a hemi ram that they ordered.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The EcoDiesel is an excruciatingly slow rollout. It still shows as beginning production Jan. 20 with a 10 to 12-week lead time. Interestingly, the Ram ProMaster van is shown as getting the EcoDiesel beginning April Fools Day.

Although the new model year sales usually begin around September, manufacturers sometimes have an early model year that can begin as early as January production. Strange to buy a 2015 model in early 2014 but it's possible.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The EcoDiesel is an excruciatingly slow rollout. It still shows as beginning production Jan. 20 with a 10 to 12-week lead time. Interestingly, the Ram ProMaster van is shown as getting the EcoDiesel beginning April Fools Day.

Although the new model year sales usually begin around September, manufacturers sometimes have an early model year that can begin as early as January production. Strange to buy a 2015 model in early 2014 but it's possible.
What I meant was the 2014 eco will not be delivered until the middle of the year. About the same time the 2015s will be starting production.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, it really wouldn't be Ram's fault about the award. North American diesel vehicles have a lot in common with "the latest and greatest, vaporware."
It would be a black eye for Motor Trend though.
I suspect they are having issues with emissions certifications and fuel mileage, which can be mutually exclusive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered one today!!!! I'm in Canada and my dealer who knew I was interested in this, called me yesterday and said I could come in and order one today. I ordered a Big Horn Crew Cab in True Blue with the 3.0 EcoDiesel.

They have no information yet on delivery dates etc.

All I care is that mine is in the system and should be one of the first built.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts