RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Ram Eco Diesel is due for the second oil change and maintenance interval. I do the maintenance myself (oil changes etc...) and for my first oil change, I bought the filter and oil at the dealer for over $200.

Can anyone give me a source where I can buy the oil and filter cheaper? I'm looking for a source that sells the oil that meet the requirements for the Ram Eco Diesel same as the oil I can get at the dealer. Or are there better options available?.

I'm in Toronto Ontario.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is tons of info about where and what brands to buy online in this forum. I like using Rockauto.com myself for the filters. If you want to go and physicaly buy them, Canadian tire, NAPA, etc all have filters in stock. You can get 2 jugs and the filter for about half of what the dealership will charge. Even cheaper if you buy the materials online.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but I don't know the exact oil I need to buy that is certified for the Ram Eco diesel. Do you know of a brand and the exact type of oil I should buy? I'll buy it at Canadian Tire as long as I know the oil specs I need to look for

·
Registered
476 Posts
I know but I don't know the exact oil I need to buy that is certified for the Ram Eco diesel. Do you know of a brand and the exact type of oil I should buy? I'll buy it at Canadian Tire as long as I know the oil specs I need to look for
Rotella T6 5w40, you'll have to find the filters yourself, i don't know the numbers off the top of my head.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can anyone give me a source where I can buy the oil and filter cheaper? I'm looking for a source that sells the oil that meet the requirements for the Ram Eco Diesel same as the oil I can get at the dealer. Or are there better options available?.

I'm in Toronto Ontario.
The filter is Mopar part #68229402AA. Search around online and you will find it cheaper than the dealer. Try Amazon or eBay.

The oil is just Rotella T6, it's highly available. You should be able to get it at any auto parts store, farm/tractor store, Wal-Mart, etc.

·
Registered
481 Posts
My 2017 Ram Eco Diesel is due for the second oil change and maintenance interval. I do the maintenance myself (oil changes etc...) and for my first oil change, I bought the filter and oil at the dealer for over $200.

I'm in Toronto Ontario.
I was getting kendall, but now I have Amsoil for it. There is an EcoGuard Filter that is cheaper and can be ordered through RockAuto and shipped direct to Toronto.

If you want Amsoil, I can help. Help as in get it for dealer price (I have an account for myself and friends)

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
EcoGuard Filters from rockAuto

5 for $10 each CDN$ Shiped taxes paid.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Sorry not familiar with Canada, but if yal have walmarts they carry the T-6 oil and are about the cheapest place to get it. Autozones around here stock an STP filter that works. If you want a Mopar filter you can get one on Amazon and there are many aftermarket options that work fine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sorry not familiar with Canada, but if yal have walmarts they carry the T-6 oil and are about the cheapest place to get it.
Wal-Mart is the single largest retailer in the world with stores in 27 countries. Pretty safe to say they have Wal-Mart in Canada.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
gpeters , you can cut that price pretty much in half by using ecoguard filter , or get the Mopar filter from dealer for more $$$ for peace of mind , ( yes I'm chicken ) filter part number as stated above .
the oïl you can get when it comes on special at Walmard , or Canadian tire , then you go online and fill the rebate form
get money back in the mail , when filling the form it says T5 but no worry ,, the cheque will come even with Rotella T6 5W40
last time I got it at Canadian tire for the 5 liter jugs for $40.79 each ,( then subtract rebate $ 7.00 per jugs )
((one gallon US jugs are less expensive but only 3.78 liters ))
don't get it at full price :
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/shell-rotella-t6-synthetic-dieselengine-oil-5-l-0287935p.html
https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/business-customers/lubricants-for-business/save-five-dollar-per-litre-back-by-mail.html#iframe=L0RJWS9OYXRpb25hbDE4L0NBL3N0b3JlbG9jYXRvci5jZm0=
You're going to need a big bucket...
talking about big bucket , you can get more savings buying big bucket of Rotella T6
see image below

Attachments

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
https://www.moparpartscanada.ca

I am in london
The only guy I know close to you is the one which I deal with and the filters are $40
I’ve never use any of the other ones but I have seen some of the other brands collapse on this forum so I would steer clear of them I have 287,000 km on this truck and I use the OEM filter so for what it’s worth do as you please and for the record I change my oil about every seven weeks

You can buy your oil Local I’m sure Rotella T6 is what they recommend

Some of the local Londen dealers are idiots for the most part so I get parts from this guy

Jamie Lageman
Parts Manager
Bay King Chrysler
55 Rymal Rd E
Hamilton,Ont
L9B1B9
[email protected]
905-383-8131
905-383-8257 (fax)

·
Registered
2,315 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Wal-Mart is the single largest retailer in the world with stores in 27 countries. Pretty safe to say they have Wal-Mart in Canada.
I was at Walmart the other day, curious as what they sold Rotella T-6 for, 1 gallon jugs. A bit over $26. I told this guy there pulling a jug down that he can buy the same oil at NAPA for $20.99 a gallon. He put it back. I also buy the NAPA Gold oil filter, with oil is about $98.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I buy the kits from ID Parts. They are an advertiser on this site. You can select your options from drop down lists. Shipping is super fast and you can rest assured you are getting the right stuff for your truck.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I buy the kits from ID Parts. They are an advertiser on this site. You can select your options from drop down lists. Shipping is super fast and you can rest assured you are getting the right stuff for your truck.
Always appreciate sponsors on the forum. Unfortunately sourcing the Oil and Filters in Canada is a challenge as the prices are usually not USD + Exchange, they and more like USD x2 or x3. On some items we get lucky and pay the same price.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

I'm in Toronto Ontario.

on sale this week at Canadian Tire FYI

rotella.jpg

1 - 20 of 43 Posts