RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm losing radiator fluid in my 2015 3.0 ED. I have to top off about 1/2 gal 50/50 mix every 6-8 days.

It's not going on the ground, no stains under my truck.

It's not going in the oil (blown head gasket). The oil isn't turning milky.

It's not going into the exhaust (blown head gasket). No clouds of white smoke.

I'm nowhere near an expert of auto diesel engines. Any suggestions on how I can debug this, short of taking it into a dealer?

·
Registered
339 Posts
The particulate filter prevents it from having large plumes of white smoke pouring out of the exhaust!

·
Administrator
9,558 Posts
I'm losing radiator fluid in my 2015 3.0 ED. I have to top off about 1/2 gal 50/50 mix every 6-8 days.

It's not going on the ground, no stains under my truck.

It's not going in the oil (blown head gasket). The oil isn't turning milky.

It's not going into the exhaust (blown head gasket). No clouds of white smoke.

I'm nowhere near an expert of auto diesel engines. Any suggestions on how I can debug this, short of taking it into a dealer?
egr recall.PNG

·
Super Moderator
2,663 Posts
All of that coolant going into the DPF can’t be good for it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Get yoru EGR cooler replaced ASAP, it's going into your engine! Into the intake, down the cylinders and into your oil. Also out your DPF. There is a massive recall for the EGR cooler / high risk of a FIRE! Dealer needs to replace it asap, you shouldn't be driving if if you're losing that much, read up on how many trucks burst into flames cause of that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a leak..... went to dealer.... they found the 3 way coolant control valve was leaking. They fixed it. The coolant level has NOT changed since. :) My leak was small, but i keept an eye... never saw the drip on the ground... prolly blended in with AC dribbles, Regardless was small and slow. Hope it may help. :)

ps.. just saw your quantity of fluid. Yikes. I'd stop driving it now and tow to dealer for warranty work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts