RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I live in Illinois and pretty much every pump I go to says 5 to 20 percent biofuel. Lately I have been using Meijer premium diesel. I have a busy pump by me. It doesn’t have the biofuel sticker on it so I assume it has less then b2. Also has a sign with increased lubricity. I think they had Schaefer’s to it from what I have read.

·
Super Moderator
3,221 Posts
Cap I never seen any noticeable mileage penalty from Wally's fuel. I've used it many times. Their stations are often new and reasonably high traffic even in diesel. Doubt you could tell if a delusion of bio fuel makes your oil notably dirtier than straight diesel notably faster by looking at it. That said I prefer straight diesel and will pay a few pennies more on the gallon to get it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dieseldragon - An update to my earlier post. I'm in the middle of a trip from Central NY to SW Florida. What ever you decided, DO NOT BUY FUEL IN PENNSYL-FRIGGIN-VANIA!!!! Diesel was $3.99/gallon at the big truck stops. Compared to $2.99/gallon in Virginia! It was only $3,40 in New York when I left!. Slightly off topic, but if you drive through Charlotte NC be aware that everybody drives like they're NASCAR pros! Then when you get to Georgia every body is just stooopid! (Sorry to any members who live in GA).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Another state where people drive slower than molasses is Iowa. Sorry to anyone that lives there but compared to Illinois they go 10 under!

·
Registered
435 Posts
These boards are tilted towards the middle, eastern, southern USA, Canada too. Be happy you are not buying in California where Diesel can be $4 easily, to fight that you have to buy at Costco, Arco, and some independents that try to compete against those two cost leaders out here. Which for Diesel means around $3.70. The absolute cheapest you can get fuel in Sacramento is $3,20 for 87 regular, and in Los Angeles that will definitely not be possible since there is always an uptick for real estate & operating costs (i.e. big city downtown fuel prices are always higher). Some poster mentioned out of the way stations, that's not a reliable price finder but it can be a factor. The number one reason for lower prices is what it is in all markets, true competition. They all buy this stuff at the same price (excusing volume discounts or possible hedging arrangements). America is very much driven these days by the reward behavior, since volume drives profits and volume places and new tanks makes sense. Good feedback.

In a completely free world the monopolist rules, that's why every one of us has to fight for competition in this country. Which is under attack I mind you. So be aware.

Is this Pearland, TX gas station the cheapest in the land? $2.07 87 Octane. $2,91 Diesel.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/Station/47836

Count your blessings on cheaper East Coast and Gulf fuel prices, and in general our Government screws "less" with Fuels and Fuel prices than almost every other Developed Country. Europe doubles their fuel prices with taxation and just in general there is a lot of hanky panky out there. Even in "lower cost" coastal, big city China a gallon of regular is more than even in California (north of $4/gallon). I travelled recently (last month) to Geneva Switzerland , $7 a gallon. But then a nice coffee in a fancy hotel can cost you that there. So I guess the whole price level there is in a realm most of us cannot understand.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi: All... I just want to stay away from "Bad diesel". Might not be a problem as I just got out of the hospital. I'm afraid the insurance co. (Out of country) coverage will have more to say than the Dr's!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
125 Posts
DO NOT BUY FUEL IN PENNSYL-FRIGGIN-VANIA!!!! Diesel was $3.99/gallon at the big truck stops. Compared to $2.99/gallon in Virginia! It was only $3,40 in New York when I left!. Slightly off topic, but if you drive through Charlotte NC be aware that everybody drives like they're NASCAR pros! Then when you get to Georgia every body is just stooopid! (Sorry to any members who live in GA).
Pennsylvania, has the highest Gas tax in the nation is why the fuel is so expensive. I have to agree with you about Georgia....and because everyone drives soooo ridiculous here (I'm retired military and my wife is still active duty...is why we are here) the insurance for vehicles here is outrageous! When we came from the Wash D.C area we thought our premiums would go down...but instead they went up...way up! ....and all they said was "the people drive a little crazy". I don't know for sure but I would say that Georgia has one of the highest fatality rates in the nation due to its highways!

https://taxfoundation.org/state-gasoline-tax-rates-2017/

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Coming down 75 or 95? SC was 2.89 Thursday...Left Florida paid 2.89 at a Mobil. As others stated Gas Buddy App. My suggestions...map expected fuel fill range entire trip...google stations in small towns 2-3 miles off interstates where RaceTrac/Pilot/Flying J's are...2-3 miles away could be as much as 0.30 less per gallon.

Wall Mart/Murphy does NOT take AMEX which I use for 5% cash back on all fuel.

If coming down 75...consider stopping in TN and visiting 'The Lost Sea'. I think its exit 60 Sweetwater, TN maybe??? Between Knoxville and Chattanooga...Incredible hx and 5 acre underground lake/caverns...

·
Registered
13,413 Posts
Paid $3.11 yesterday at a WaWa in South Florida. No biodiesel either, if that means anything.

As for state prices, we do not do politics on this forum. Yet, the fact remains that states dominated by Democrat rule have high taxes and high fuel prices. Surely you can dispute that by finding an exception but in general that's a major issue when dealing with fuel costs around the United States.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Paid $3.11 yesterday at a WaWa in South Florida. No biodiesel either, if that means anything.

As for state prices, we do not do politics on this forum. Yet, the fact remains that states dominated by Democrat rule have high taxes and high fuel prices. Surely you can dispute that by finding an exception but in general that's a major issue when dealing with fuel costs around the United States.
Hi: Captainmal... We know "It's all pull it a call". Fuel game winers are usually loosers too!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Dieseldragon, I live just off I65 in Bowling Green, KY. If you need fuel, just stop in Franklin KY exit 6 there is a shell station that I buy from all the time and never have a problem. My wife and I just made the trip from BG to Gulf Shores in September and never had a problem with the diesel fuel. I can usually fill up in Franklin and not fill again until just outside of Birmingham. I don't like going too far under 1/2 tank. You should have no problem find clean fuel. If you sign up for shell rewards, you get $05 a gallon off up to 20 gallons.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi Dieseldragon, I live just off I65 in Bowling Green, KY. If you need fuel, just stop in Franklin KY exit 6 there is a shell station that I buy from all the time and never have a problem. My wife and I just made the trip from BG to Gulf Shores in September and never had a problem with the diesel fuel. I can usually fill up in Franklin and not fill again until just outside of Birmingham. I don't like going too far under 1/2 tank. You should have no problem find clean fuel. If you sign up for shell rewards, you get $05 a gallon off up to 20 gallons.
Hi: Ghornet54... Thankyou. This is the kind of info I need. I used to drive on the edge of "E", but probably not now.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi: All... Getting ready to "Flock off" so to speak. Watching the weather forecast for a sunny few days down I75/65. Oil changed, air filter changed, DEF tank full, windshield washer tank full. Just have to hook up and migrate south!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie. P1040819.JPG

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hi: All... Getting ready to "Flock off" so to speak. Watching the weather forecast for a sunny few days down I75/65. Oil changed, air filter changed, DEF tank full, windshield washer tank full. Just have to hook up and migrate south!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie. View attachment 77626
Good luck and keep it safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
Have a safe and enjoyable trip,
as was said previously Pennsylvania seems to have one of the higher prices in the east.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie. View attachment 77626
Hi: All... Thinking it might be a good time to put some cleaner in the fuel tank!!! Now the question is what type and brand to buy?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Since you're still sitting in Canada waiting on the snow, I'll chime in. Most Loves have bio-blend and seem to run about 10 cents higher per gallon than anything around them. QT (Quik-Trip) is taking the Carolinas by storm and seems to have fairly decent prices and nice new stores. In addition to Gasbuddy, I recommend that you download iExit. You type in the road and direction you're heading and the ap will show what's at the upcoming exits. Comes in handy when the passenger says they want something specific for lunch. Or if you just have to get that caffeine fix. No Timmy's down here but plenty of Starbucks.

·
Registered
2017 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel 4x4 Quad Cab 3.55 Gears
922 Posts
Two days ago, Palmer, Alaska, diesel is $2.869/gallon.

I like it! Now we just need to hurry up to March and breakup and head on out ourselves.

Were stuck here for the time, bitter nasty cold in the interior right now, like minus 50 stuff.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Two days ago, Palmer, Alaska, diesel is $2.869/gallon.

I like it! Now we just need to hurry up to March and breakup and head on out ourselves.

Were stuck here for the time, bitter nasty cold in the interior right now, like minus 50 stuff.
Hi: sourdo...Sorry to hear of your minus's. Here mid Fla. it's in the mid 70's, cool at night. Fuel on I75 trip #1 fill @ Speedway $3.079 Dayton Ohio. #2 fill @ Pilot $2.899 Knoxville Tenn. #3 fill @ Murphy $2.569 Perry Ga. #4 fill @ 7-11 $ 2.599 @ Brooksville Fla. The truck ran great on all the fuel purchased.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie. "Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt".

·
Super Moderator
3,221 Posts
Dieseldragon when you head home a little north of Dayton OH is Sidney. At SR 47 they always seem to have the best fuel prices on I-75 in Ohio. Currently Kroger (higher volume newer) has it 2.20 or 2.17 with Kroger card or 2.15 with gas buddy.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts