RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
On a side note , since OP is from Canada , can anyone confirm what I heard ,
some stations , when sliding your credit card in the pump , ask you to type in your zip code ,
I was told when you are from Canada to just type in 00000 , and not have to go Inside to
deal with employees , has anyone used the 00000 ??

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Not sure about the rest of the world,but here in Central Florida we’ve been having quite a few gas pump skimmer’s being discovered along with folks credit card numbers being compromised,personally I go into the stations to avoid future issues .....

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Not sure about the rest of the world,but here in Central Florida we’ve been having quite a few gas pump skimmer’s being discovered along with folks credit card numbers being compromised,personally I go into the stations to avoid future issues .....
Hi: Haul N Grass... Ran a couple of tanks of Murphy/WalMart Bio Diesel while in Florida. $2.79.9 Gal. Much more reasonable than Pilot/FnJ. Stayed at Hardee Lakes CG. watching gators cruisin'. No wifi and spotty cell service, but reasonable and the ponds are stocked if you get there before the gators do!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie. "Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt".

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Hello Dieseldragon ...Welcome to a Florida winter!!!! Have you found your lost shaker of salt yet :eek:. Beware of gators , they’re no good.... The weatherman is predicting possible 50 F next week,did you folks pack any cold weather clothing :eek:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hello Dieseldragon ...Welcome to a Florida winter!!!! Have you found your lost shaker of salt yet :eek:. Beware of gators , they’re no good.... The weatherman is predicting possible 50 F next week,did you folks pack any cold weather clothing :eek:
Hi: Haul N Grass... Thanks for the welcome... but it's time to start headin' north. Found my wife took the shaker. Dr. says its no good for me!!! LoL Gators are opportunists, so I don't give 'em one. I did buy a new jacket at Dicks and some shirts at Bealls Outlet. The big factor is out of Province health coverage. My Canadian coverage wouldn't buy me a broom closet in an American Hospital!!! Spring is on de tour.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
937 Posts
If you have no health insurance (or not enough), then you for sure don't want to be playing with them gators. They might taste good but you have to get em on the grill first.

·
Registered
13,413 Posts
You should have stopped by. Both Haul 'N and I am rather close.

Next Tuesday is maybe low 50's or high 40's for the cold dawn but mid-60's for a high. Then it's right back to the 70's and 80's. I like it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
You should have stopped by. Both Haul 'N and I am rather close.

Next Tuesday is maybe low 50's or high 40's for the cold dawn but mid-60's for a high. Then it's right back to the 70's and 80's. I like it.
Hi: Captainmal... Sorry we missed. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Sitting in Lillian Al. in the path of major liquid sun shine and winds. Maybe this light weight 5th. isn't so good after all. Gotta try to keep the rubber side down. LoL

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
LmAo...told him salt shaker was at Robbie's on Islamorada MM 77.5 off A1A...guess momma hid that next to the kitchen pass...

Glad to hear the dragon escaping the jungle safely...bizarre here this time of year...or any time of the year...:cool:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
LmAo...told him salt shaker was at Robbie's on Islamorada MM 77.5 off A1A...guess momma hid that next to the kitchen pass...

Glad to hear the dragon escaping the jungle safely...bizarre here this time of year...or any time of the year...:cool:
Hi: shawclan5... Thanks for the hint but we went thatta way. Didn't make it to Margaritaville so salt still missing. Huddling in the Alabama CHILL and hugging the coast to avoid the fierce winds and liquid sunshine. Diesel is expensive here in RV Meccaville, but when you need it so what!!!

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Quick question for members in Mass , and New Hampshire ,
going to Hampton Beach this week-end , and to a Red Sox game ,
any big difference in price of fuel between the 2 states ????
----------------
Found this , Mass =3.165 to N.H.=3.156 , ...no deal there ...
http://www.truckmiles.com/FuelPrices.asp
------------------
anything particular to look for on the pump itself , to get good diesel fuel??
Thanks in advance for any advice.
already have a free parking spot 1000 feet from Fenway Park .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since you're still sitting in Canada waiting on the snow, I'll chime in. Most Loves have bio-blend and seem to run about 10 cents higher per gallon than anything around them. QT (Quik-Trip) is taking the Carolinas by storm and seems to have fairly decent prices and nice new stores. In addition to Gasbuddy, I recommend that you download iExit. You type in the road and direction you're heading and the ap will show what's at the upcoming exits. Comes in handy when the passenger says they want something specific for lunch. Or if you just have to get that caffeine fix. No Timmy's down here but plenty of Starbucks.
FYI all of the QTs I have seen in North Carolina are 10% or better Bio.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi: RansomT... Thanks for the tip. Many years ago on a trip south I had a tank full of bad gas. I thought the car would never run good again. I'm trying to avoid same with regards to diesel!!! We usually prefer to take I71 from I75 across to I65 @ Louisville and run I65 south thru Alabama.
I live about a mile from exit 205 and there is a Shell truck stop that move a lot of fuel price was $2,98, with lots of fast food close by. Also at the 208 exit you have a Love truck stop

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi: All... We are planning our first diesel/Escape trailer trip to Florida in early Jan. 2019. So far with the EcoD. I have been fueling at our local Mobil station. What fuel dealers on the Interstates do you use?
You can't go wrong if you download GASBUDDY on your phone. It will give you all the fuel prices in the area you are in or for where you're headed. It now has a debit card you can link to your bank account that will give you 5 cents a gallon off every time you use it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Fascinating that old threads get brought back to life. To me truck stop diesel is the only way to go while en route to destination. Clean fresh plus def at the pump to.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
To me truck stop diesel is the only way to go while en route to destination. Clean fresh plus def at the pump to.
Ironically, after spending over 20 years as a trucker I would avoid truck stops. Why? Because most of them are close to the interstate which brings the price up drastically. Even in the big truck, whenever I could I would look for a Murphy USA to fill up because it would save me upwards of $100 every fill up. In a 3D that would be more like $10, so not as drastic. And some of these are not very far from the truck stop locations.

Another reason I would avoid them is that you're paying extra taxes if you're getting your fuel from the same pump as the big trucks unless you're in Oregon. All States except Oregon participate in IFTA, the International Fuel Tax Agreement. The amount varies by State, but truckers pay an additional $.12 per gallon to $.36 per gallon. You don't pay into this if there is a fuel island for RVs. And I hate paying taxes, especially those that aren't required.

As for the DEF, well, I guess that's much more convenient at the big trucks' pumps. And cheaper.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts