RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Dragon...

You coming to Florida again?
Hi: Captainmal... Sorry we're back home already. Got back just before the WH. slammed the door!!! Haven't needed universal health care yet. Did buy a bottle of Hot Shots Extreme Diesel and used it on the return trip. Second day got a message that DEF system wasn't working... see dealer. This is one of the claims of the fuel additive. Uses less DEF. PROOVED correct. The truck noticed less DEF used!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi: Captainmal... Sorry we're back home already. Got back just before the WH. slammed the door!!! Haven't needed universal health care yet. Did buy a bottle of Hot Shots Extreme Diesel and used it on the return trip. Second day got a message that DEF system wasn't working... see dealer. This is one of the claims of the fuel additive. Uses less DEF. PROOVED correct. The truck noticed less DEF used!!!
I only use Amsoil fuel additive and have 44k on my truck and haven't had a problem with my DEF yet.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi: All... We are planning our first diesel/Escape trailer trip to Florida in early Jan. 2019. So far with the EcoD. I have been fueling at our local Mobil station. What fuel dealers on the Interstates do you use?
I use Shell or Chevron, or Exxon. I NEVER buy fuel from Wal-Mart, Raceway.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I been buying fuel at the truck stops where the fuel should be the freshest and plan on getting my DEF in 2.5 gal so I can check the date code before I buy.

·
Registered
376 Posts
As little as our trucks use it's not worth it to me to go to a truck stop and then to need the magnetic key for it work,
nah, I'll just buy a box now and then.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Stations where I buy most of my fuel don't have bulk DEF. So, off to Walmart I go.
Hi: ncskibum... I get 2.5 US. Gal. jugs @ my farm fuel dealer. The ones with the easy pour spout. I did use a dose of Hot Shots Diesel Extreme fuel treat while away which sent the truck into a tizzy about my DEF not working, but that's one of the reasons to use it. The truck noticed, but "No stored messages"!!! I tended to buy Murphy USA diesel down south. Hope with its bio content it has a bit more slip for the engine. In 4879.8 miles we consumed 249.9 US Gals. for an average of 19.5 mpg's. The only concern I have is we're nearing the end of the extra B to B warranty I bought with the truck. From here on it's a roll of the dice!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hi: All... Last CG. we stayed at in Fl. I should have backed into our site. The guy across the road caused a big ouchie to his tailgate. He pulled away before testing his hookup!!! Just so happens he had a white Ram too. Had to look at the tailgate every so often!!!
P1050262.JPG

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Hi: All... I feel I get better mileage back home with Mobil Diesel fuel. What's the difference?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
The air temp is 40-50 degrees warmer, cold air drops mpg's
Hi: NPRBoy... I've been told I'm full of hot air before!!! I was sure there's a diff. between Murphy fuel in Fl. and Mobil fuel here in Canada.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Doesn't Canada require a higher cetane and lubricity rating than the US? From my experience, I've found Murphy fuel to deliver the worst mileage compared to other stations. At least here in the Carolinas, most Murphys are ascoiated with Walmarts. Both looking for lower cost solutions for the general public.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts