RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Railroads are backed up due to the weather and increased crude oil shipments.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Railroads are backed up due to the weather and increased crude oil shipments.
Good article on this in the paper a few days ago. Crude out of North Dakota is transforming the railroads as well as the energy and manufacturing outlook for the US.
A shortage of locomotives and rested crews is the immediate problem. Long term more railroad construction and equipment will alleviate the issue.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My company uses all the main Class 1s, and this winter has been as bad on rail transportation as any winter in at least 20 years. The BNSF Northern Corridor will not be recovered until end of April. The CN and CP in Alberta, and now there will be flooding.

Keep the wheels turning boys..... Interesting, the locomotive was really the pioneer diesel/electric hybrid.....

Marsman

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ironic that auto deliveries are slowed down by a lack of rail capacity. Our pathetic investment in rail comes back to bite us.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
They certainly don't put all the trucks on rail. Some deliveries will be close. Wonder where those trucks went?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think we will start seeing customer deliveries this week.
Both ordered vehicles and those that were sent out by RAM for stock.:D

·
Registered
438 Posts
Oddly, rail and weather has affected international shipping too. We have had to delay exports due to the lack of container chassis. We can get a can scheduled however no chassis to deliver it on.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My ED was finished on 2/28/14. Was informed by my dealer on 3/20/14 that it will be there on either 3/24/14 or 3/25/14. From Warren, Michigan to Kalamazoo, Michigan is about a 2 hour and 50 minute drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My ED was finished on 2/28/14. Was informed by my dealer on 3/20/14 that it will be there on either 3/24/14 or 3/25/14. From Warren, Michigan to Kalamazoo, Michigan is about a 2 hour and 50 minute drive.

Relax everyone, a buddy of my delivers Ram's. He said they are in fact shipping the diesel 1500's. Just be patient and they will arrive soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm hoping to pick mine up tonight! its status has been 'on truck to dealer' since yesterday. its only a 2 hour drive from the plant. My dealer thinks he'll see it this morning and hopefully turn it around for me to pick it up tonight.

They are shipping. He received one on Wednesday of this week and sold it the same day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm hoping to pick mine up tonight! its status has been 'on truck to dealer' since yesterday. its only a 2 hour drive from the plant. My dealer thinks he'll see it this morning and hopefully turn it around for me to pick it up tonight.

They are shipping. He received one on Wednesday of this week and sold it the same day.
Nice! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts