RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a reputable dealer in the Southern California area which is capable of ordering a ED1500? There are literally 10-20 dealers within about 3 hour driving radius. I have already contacted several of them, but I keep getting inconsistent (and often incorrect) responses to simple inquiries, giving the overall impression that none of them know what the heck is going on with regards to the new ED1500s. I've already sold my old vehicle and ready to purchase, so I have to rent a car for the next 6-8 weeks :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
I ordered mine at Redlands Ram. They actually have three trucks on order that havent been delivered yet and arent sold. Ask for Alex Delgado in Internet/Fleet Sales. Good guy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered mine at Redlands Ram. They actually have three trucks on order that havent been delivered yet and arent sold. Ask for Alex Delgado in Internet/Fleet Sales. Good guy.
Thanks for the reply. A few questions:

1. Did you put a deposit down, or pay for the truck already?
2. When did you order?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the typical response I get from these damned ram dealers in socal:

"I'm sorry sir if you feel our dealership has given you any kind of canned responses or the run around, but the 1500 eco diesel is not available yet. It's not sold at a single dealership in California and Chrysler has not given us an exact release date for the Ram. We can always be in contact with you when we hear word on when we will be recieving them or you can periodically touch base with us! I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience."

They act like we have to wait for the trucks to get to their lots before we can purchase one... Seems like they are poorly educated on the ordering process.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I had the same issues here in Central Cal so I found one on Cars.com at a dealer in Washington. I'll either fly up to get it or pay an independent transport company $600. to bring it down if it really does arrive on the 17th. MSRP was $53,555 and I got it for $42,888.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same issues here in Central Cal so I found one on Cars.com at a dealer in Washington. I'll either fly up to get it or pay an independent transport company $600. to bring it down if it really does arrive on the 17th. MSRP was $53,555 and I got it for $42,888.
Holy crap! That's over 10K off msrp. When you ordered the truck did you pay for it, or just make a deposit? How did you get the dealer to agree to it, because incentives vary month to month?

·
Registered
281 Posts
They had the truck on the train already. It was almost what I would have ordered. They advertised $12,100. under MSRP but I don't qualify for the Washington rebates. I think I can live with the $10k under! It's about $10k better than any local dealer offered me!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Anyone find a reputable dealer in the Southern California area which is capable of ordering a ED1500? There are literally 10-20 dealers within about 3 hour driving radius. I have already contacted several of them, but I keep getting inconsistent (and often incorrect) responses to simple inquiries, giving the overall impression that none of them know what the heck is going on with regards to the new ED1500s. I've already sold my old vehicle and ready to purchase, so I have to rent a car for the next 6-8 weeks :(
I grew up in SoCal but have not been back in years. My last new car purchase there was a 1981 Jeep from a great dealer named Brian Chuchua who does not appear to be in business now. I now live where there is only one Ram dealer in town.

That said, I looked up SoCal Ram dealers on DealerRater for old times' sake. The top rated Ram dealers in the area over the past 2 years are:

1. Crystal Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM, Cathedral City
2. Huntington Beach Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, Huntington Beach
3. Orange Coast Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano

Crystal and Orange Coast both show the 3.0L in inventory (probably in transit) so they know what it is.

Good luck in your search! A lot depends on who you talk to. Get the internet sales person if possible.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I grew up in SoCal but have not been back in years. My last new car purchase there was a 1981 Jeep from a great dealer named Brian Chuchua who does not appear to be in business now. I now live where there is only one Ram dealer in town.

That said, I looked up SoCal Ram dealers on DealerRater for old times' sake. The top rated Ram dealers in the area over the past 2 years are:

1. Crystal Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM, Cathedral City
2. Huntington Beach Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, Huntington Beach
3. Orange Coast Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano

Crystal and Orange Coast both show the 3.0L in inventory (probably in transit) so they know what it is.

Good luck in your search! A lot depends on who you talk to. Get the internet sales person if possible.
Thanks for the info. I will give those dealers a shot, I tried dealerrater.com too and they said some dealer in San Diego was #1 in the state, so I contacted them and it's been a nightmare. No return emails and when I do get a response they asking questions that I already answered in previous emails.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Bigtruck I ordered my truck on Feb 12th and put a $500 deposit down. It is scheduled to be delivered to me this Friday the 4th. My dealer has two listed on their webpage that are on the train in transit as well. I actually purchased my vehicle on March 28th. All of the paperwork and financing is completed. I actually have a payment due on May 3rd and I dont even have the truck yet. They will sell the two in transit that arent sold if your interested. One is a Tradesman (silver) and the other is a loaded 4x2 Bighorn (white). Let me know if you need anything else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts