RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you recommend and why? Sport, Pro, or Max? Thank you!

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,461 Posts
^^^ this
yeah no thanks to @PapaCap for making spend money on buying the Diode Dynamics fog lights(hehehehe).
I bought the Pro level fog pattern as he did, you won't be disappointed. Don't need anything brighter especially if you drive around in the city. I considered the Max level but after his review/pictures and now that I own them I'm completely satisfied with them.
If I'm not mistaken DD offers a two week "trail" period that you can return them and get the upgraded level but you'll probably be satisfied with the Pro level.

·
Administrator
5,461 Posts
@052 the install is easy provided you can crawl under the bumper of the truck. Just a 10mm socket and the Allen wrench for the fog lights.
I've had the Diode Dynamics Anti-Flicker modules on my previous LED fog lights so reused them knowing I wouldn't have any grief from them so I didn't make any changes with AlfaOBD. The '15 model year seems to be more particular about it's lighting.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Happy for you Crash. I just returned from a couple of hunting trips spending a lot of time off pavement. These lights do a great job of lighting up the sides of the road where animals roam in the night and often pop out in front of you. We often travel an hour or more in the dark to get to a particular hunting spot by first light. They also give you a much better view of pot holes and other road issues in front of you. If I was driving off pavement more regularly I might have sprung for their top grade lights but for the price these are a great value.

Reactions: Ecosparky

·
Administrator
5,461 Posts
@DoodleRam doubt anyone has compared the brightness but I'll tell you the fog beam pattern from the SS3 are a lot better than the factory reflector fog housings. I had LEDs in the factory housings and it was a bunch of light scatter, made them sorta useless in fog and snow.

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Bighorn 4x4
181 Posts
^^^ this
yeah no thanks to @PapaCap for making spend money on buying the Diode Dynamics fog lights(hehehehe).
I bought the Pro level fog pattern as he did, you won't be disappointed. Don't need anything brighter especially if you drive around in the city. I considered the Max level but after his review/pictures and now that I own them I'm completely satisfied with them.
If I'm not mistaken DD offers a two week "trail" period that you can return them and get the upgraded level but you'll probably be satisfied with the Pro level.
From their website!

Exchanging an Order
We are happy to help you exchange your items, for any reason, within 90 days of the date of delivery. Usually, this is due to the selection of the incorrect size or color. There will be no additional shipping charge for the new items. You are responsible for return shipping costs. If the exchange is being made due to a shipping error on our part, please first email us, as we can usually send you the new items right away with a return label.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you guys order the amber backlight?

·
Administrator
5,461 Posts
Did you guys order the amber backlight?
That wasn't available when I bought mine, I think that's something recent DD added.

Drive through a snow storm last night with them and they worked great, the light was low keeping the road visible without blinding me(even being white fog lights). The snow was coming down good enough if I bumped the high beams on it was a blinding white wall.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I placed my order so I can be one of the cool kids, too.

SS3 LED Fog Light Kit for 2013-2018 Ram 1500
115 in stock
SKU: DD6675
Optic and Color: White SAE/DOT Fog
Power Level: Pro
Amber Backlight: No

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Bighorn 4x4
181 Posts
FYI,
I have a 2015 truck so I inquired about the use of the anti flicker module:
Here is the reply

Hello Steven,
Thanks for reaching out! We have not had any reports of our SS3 pods requiring anti-flicker modules to be installed. However, if you want to install an anti-flicker module, the 9006 module at the link below would fit your truck and the SS3 adapter.
https://www.diodedynamics.com/9006-anti-flicker-canbus-module-pair.html
If you have any other questions, please let us know!
Best regards,

CALEB O. | SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
DIODE DYNAMICS P. (314) 205-3033

[email protected] | www.diodedynamics.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts