RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my dealer today and while waiting I asked how they were set for EGR coolers. I was told 2 on the shelf.

He then went on to say that he can only order one a week and in some cases he needs to include a VIN as sometimes they restrict him from ordering for certain vehicles. I asked about o-rings and he said he as no problems ordering the recall kit which includes the o-rings.

So if anyone is in NH and having a difficult time trying to get the recall done, PM me and I'll give you the contact info for my dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got mine done in April. Dealer told me they had to order it, arrived next day. 2 days in total I got my truck back. They did the ecm update as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Still waiting, but it's self imposed. I was calling the dealer regularly for updates, but then they came out with the reluctor wheel recall so I'm adding that to the list as well. once the "parts" are available for that I'll make the appointment and tell them I don't want the truck back until ALL the recalls are done. Then I have some mods planned for spring and no intention of ever taking the truck back to the dealer after that.

·
Super Moderator
3,647 Posts
If you have an aftermarket tune you also have the option of an EGR cooler delete kit. They don’t leak and should take a little load off or make your cooling system a little more efficient as I understand it.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My actual intent of this post was to hook up folks waiting near New Hampshire with my dealer as an option for getting the recall done.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I called and asked the dealer lately they were going through some questions and mentioned they saw I had got my settlement check. Do you think they are screwing me with the 8 month minimum because I'm on file as getting the full settlement?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I called and asked the dealer lately they were going through some questions and mentioned they saw I had got my settlement check. Do you think they are screwing me with the 8 month minimum because I'm on file as getting the full settlement?
I had my full settlement and I called and got in the same week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Finally got mine done, only had to wait 10 months SMDH. Funny thing was when I went to pick the truck up there was an irate ECO owner on the phone with one of the service managers complaining why he was having to wait so long on the VB1 recall. Least they got some practice in replacing many, I heard this dealership F'ed up the first few EGR coolers they tried to replace. Seems this has been a massive headache for them, I wonder how many heads rolled @ FCA over this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts