RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't get any answers in the general section. Maybe someone here will have more info.

For some reason the dealer says they can't order a 2wd crew cab with the 6'4" bed. They can if they order 4x4 but not 2wd. What's strange is this is one of the four options on the Ram trucks build & price deal for the Laramie level trucks.

I was about to place an order for one of the last 2014s but they are saying it's not a buildable truck. I don't want to wait until Aug to even find out if it will be an option for the 2015s.

This really makes no sense to me..

Anybody have some insight on this?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Who knows. There have been a bunch of restrictions that seem very random. I wanted an outdoors man, and they weren't available for a few months, and once you could get them... you had to get 20" wheels. OR... you can't have chrome trim, upgraded speakers, and air suspension in the Laramie.

OR.....

They may simply be out of parts for the 2wd, and the heavier engine.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Or they are limiting supply to the most ordered combinations, the 5'7 CC is available in 4x2. The two local dealers both got Longhorns in CC 5'7 4x2 and sold both pretty quickly even though one had over 200 test drive miles on it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the first time I've ever dealt with a manufacturer with a model in the 'build it' section of their website, lists the model in there glossy take home brochure but won't let you actually buy it. The fact that the salesmen at the dealership didn't have any idea it's not available only compounds the frustration. Add to that, the salesmen have zero idea why and even worse no idea WHEN it will become available. I was ready to order the truck last week. Grr..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wanted 2 wheel drive, but did not want the puny little bed, I emailed the marketing guys that were on some of the emails, I guess when you visit the sites they grab your info, anyway, i complained about not being able to order the long bed in the 2 wheel drive,he said they could work with me on the price of the 4wd to keep from losing the sale over it. I said that is why I didn't buy the mega cab as I did not like the short beds. The deal they gave me did not quite cover the cost of the 4wd, but was close enough. Hell get it, I didn't want it due to possible fuel mileage savings, but if I am on a straight highway run, like between Beaumont Texas, and San Antone, I stopped to fuel up just to check the system for accuracy, and I was shocked that it was 30.3 MPG, running the speed limits, 60 to 75 MPH. I now have 2800 miles on the truck, my worst fuel mileage was with 2 weeks just in town, no more than 20 to 30 miles on the freeway, was 23.6 on the first tank.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if you can buy a 2wd crew cab 6'4" bed with the hemi motor?

I'm torn what to do. I don't mind waiting for 2015 model if they will in fact have the diesel motor in this configuration. If they don't though I'll have waited around a long time for nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts