RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will never buy another Ram truck in my life. I decided to create a account and post this expiriance with their care team. I think my recent experience with their customer care should allow me at least to conclude that these are not very nice people and they work totally against You. Please allow me to explain what happened. I worked 12 years in retail and customer service was always a priority and this seems to be totally lost at Ram Customer Care. Maybe people had good expiriance with them but sadly not me. Please ignore the grammar :)

Few weeks ago I decided to call FCA now Stellantis to inform them about an issue I had with my 2014 Ram. I decided to sell it and I went on Kelly Blue Book to see what my truck was worth. After I completed the kbb process I started receiving calls from dealerships and I setup few appointments with some of the closest ones to me. What could go wrong right? So after going to one dealership and giving them all of the information and in the meantime I have a positive equity on the truck and it’s being financed the manager comes over and tells me that they are interested in getting the truck but there is one issue. It has a recall on it that is a safety recall and the don’t want to sell it to someone to be liable to a lawsuit if something does happen after they take off their lot. He said I can reach out to manufacturer and get the recall taken care of. At this point I called the other dealership and informed them that I just found out about the recall and they were also interested but said I need to get this recall resolved before we can sit down and negotiate sale. Recall came in the beginning of June and we were at the end of the June when I started talking to dealerships and found out about it.

I get on the call with FCA/Stellantis to see if I can find out more info and how to solve this and they told me to give them a dealership I would like to use for the recall so they can allocate the parts! From what I was told all of the calls are recorded so they should be a record of the call. So I am thinking great, they will get the parts over to the dealership I gave them and we can arrange to have this taken carte off and Z46 recall will be wiped from the vin. Uno memento my friends, not that easy. A week later I called FCA /Stellantis customer care again trying to see if they can give me a ETA when to expect the part to come so I can have this taken care of and that where the first lies started to pop out, They told me they have no remedy, no clue on the parts (High pressure Fuel Pump) keep in mind on the last call they said they are going to “allocate” the part to the dealer. So I asked the agent if you they don’t have an eta how does that many any sense if I am trying to sell this truck and they telling me it could take weeks, or months and I am putting milage on this thing and watching the value of this truck dripping away. They did not know what to say. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they informed that one will reach back to me in about 3 day timeframe. Guess what? Week later I am calling them again and giving them same info, and letting them know a supervisor never called me and requested to speak to one, They did get me to speak to the supervisor and this is where it gets interesting. After I explained everything to her given her the case number she suggested that if I am in a haste to get this taken care of I should consider calling a local ram dealership and installing an aftermarket part and submit a form for reimbursement, So I asked okay if I do that and something happens with that part how will FCA see this as? All my fault since I put in a aftermarket pump in and they will just wave their hands and say nothing to see there? I also asked if I can get something written sent to me of them telling me it’s okay to put a after market pump in, and by the way she said that once the dealer installs this the recall will be removed from my vin. Here’s the catchy part, I called the dealer and told the advisor what she told me and they guy was stunned, He said first of all she should never told you to install a aftermarket piece, second, Even if you come to us with this part we are waiting on FCA to give us the procedure how to tackle this recall, meaning we can not do anything! That few days later that I called this dealership. The advisor guy said to me after I explained to him my concern and said well, it should not be that you are being prevented to sell you vehicle because a recall and I suggest calling FCA to see if they can offer you other options, I asked him what does he mean? So he said, well you are stuck and can not do much at the moment suggest to them if they can offer you a buy it back option, never heard of this but he said that is a possibility. Okay I went on and called FCA/Stellantis Customer Care again explained to the agent again from step one, asked him about the buy back option and he said he will connect me to appropriate team member to help me with that and for whatever reason I went a step back to another agent that I had to explain all of this again, at this time I am starting to have enough of BS I told the lady off requesting that I can speak to a supervisor, She stated she can not do that and that the case is under “investigation” No matter what I did she would not pass me on to anybody higher! What a great customer care. In the end I apologized and explained to her that I am concerned, I put a 2 year old child in that truck and that apparently the description states that the truck can shut down and you will loose steering and control and it can lead to a crash, Even if there is a 1% chance of that happening I am not going to bed that on my family and a child, if someone wants to do that that’s fine but I seen people writing on forums it’s a 5%, 7% chance for that happening, I don’t care what the chance is, I am not betting on a “maybe” especially if my child and wife is involved. Anyway waited another 2 weeks or so since I was told the case is under investigation and I decided to call yesterday 7/27/2022 and this time the auto response said to me that there is a case and it will connect me to a case manager handling the case, the phone would ring, and right away go back to the step 1 where the automated messages says there is a case and it will connect me to the case manager, it literally felt like someone did not wanted to speak to me and basically forwarded the call the first step each time. After 4-5 try’s I finally get a guy on named Mark…Explained everything to the guy, And all the sudden he starts going off reading the script that’s how recalls work, they can’t do nothing about it, to wait and adios derp, truck is totally fine to drive and if any case I have a issue and the problem with the recall happens to take the truck to the dealership, So I asked him is he suggesting that I need to wait until the truck shuts down somewhere on the highway and I possibly crash or even get killed and my ghost should inform dealership that I had a crash because of a faulty pump in a truck and it’s do to a recall? He kept repeating talking over me that’s how recalls work, truck is safe to drive, same thing over and over. I finally sked him, if the truck is safe to drive why would it state it can shut down and you will loose steering and control possibly crashing as an aftermath, he told me to talk to a local dealer they know more, Very funny manufacturer has no clue what happens but dealer does not? He kept repeating same thing over, that there are no cases of this happening, truck is safe to drive etc. I asked for a supervisor he kept saying ”NO!” totally being ignorant and I asked him if something happens to me will FCA be liable? Told him again I put a 2 year old child in that truck and that I am not going to bet on a “maybe” and that I want to talk to the supervisors or whoever is investigating the case, he said there is no case, nothing is being investigated. My friends this is Ram/Stellantis they lie and totally mislead you, when I mentioned about the conversation with the supervisor and that I hope the call was recorded with her telling me to put in the aftermarket part he put me on hold for 10 minutes picking p every 3 and saying he need to put me on hold again as he is investigating, When e came back he did mention something about the aftermarket part but did not wanted to take the blame for it! Did not even fucking apologized. I called NHTASA and talk to them about this and they told me to reach out to my states Attorney Generals Office and gave me a number to them. Si am totally will call them but wanted to share how they can lie to use and think they can get away with everything. I lost all respect I had for this company and I will never ever buy any FCA/Stellantis product in my life. I am sorry for the mile long post but I want to raise awareness.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I will never buy another Ram truck in my life. I decided to create a account and post this expiriance with their care team. I think my recent experience with their customer care should allow me at least to conclude that these are not very nice people and they work totally against You. Please allow me to explain what happened. I worked 12 years in retail and customer service was always a priority and this seems to be totally lost at Ram Customer Care. Maybe people had good expiriance with them but sadly not me. Please ignore the grammar :)

Few weeks ago I decided to call FCA now Stellantis to inform them about an issue I had with my 2014 Ram. I decided to sell it and I went on Kelly Blue Book to see what my truck was worth. After I completed the kbb process I started receiving calls from dealerships and I setup few appointments with some of the closest ones to me. What could go wrong right? So after going to one dealership and giving them all of the information and in the meantime I have a positive equity on the truck and it’s being financed the manager comes over and tells me that they are interested in getting the truck but there is one issue. It has a recall on it that is a safety recall and the don’t want to sell it to someone to be liable to a lawsuit if something does happen after they take off their lot. He said I can reach out to manufacturer and get the recall taken care of. At this point I called the other dealership and informed them that I just found out about the recall and they were also interested but said I need to get this recall resolved before we can sit down and negotiate sale. Recall came in the beginning of June and we were at the end of the June when I started talking to dealerships and found out about it.

I get on the call with FCA/Stellantis to see if I can find out more info and how to solve this and they told me to give them a dealership I would like to use for the recall so they can allocate the parts! From what I was told all of the calls are recorded so they should be a record of the call. So I am thinking great, they will get the parts over to the dealership I gave them and we can arrange to have this taken carte off and Z46 recall will be wiped from the vin. Uno memento my friends, not that easy. A week later I called FCA /Stellantis customer care again trying to see if they can give me a ETA when to expect the part to come so I can have this taken care of and that where the first lies started to pop out, They told me they have no remedy, no clue on the parts (High pressure Fuel Pump) keep in mind on the last call they said they are going to “allocate” the part to the dealer. So I asked the agent if you they don’t have an eta how does that many any sense if I am trying to sell this truck and they telling me it could take weeks, or months and I am putting milage on this thing and watching the value of this truck dripping away. They did not know what to say. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they informed that one will reach back to me in about 3 day timeframe. Guess what? Week later I am calling them again and giving them same info, and letting them know a supervisor never called me and requested to speak to one, They did get me to speak to the supervisor and this is where it gets interesting. After I explained everything to her given her the case number she suggested that if I am in a haste to get this taken care of I should consider calling a local ram dealership and installing an aftermarket part and submit a form for reimbursement, So I asked okay if I do that and something happens with that part how will FCA see this as? All my fault since I put in a aftermarket pump in and they will just wave their hands and say nothing to see there? I also asked if I can get something written sent to me of them telling me it’s okay to put a after market pump in, and by the way she said that once the dealer installs this the recall will be removed from my vin. Here’s the catchy part, I called the dealer and told the advisor what she told me and they guy was stunned, He said first of all she should never told you to install a aftermarket piece, second, Even if you come to us with this part we are waiting on FCA to give us the procedure how to tackle this recall, meaning we can not do anything! That few days later that I called this dealership. The advisor guy said to me after I explained to him my concern and said well, it should not be that you are being prevented to sell you vehicle because a recall and I suggest calling FCA to see if they can offer you other options, I asked him what does he mean? So he said, well you are stuck and can not do much at the moment suggest to them if they can offer you a buy it back option, never heard of this but he said that is a possibility. Okay I went on and called FCA/Stellantis Customer Care again explained to the agent again from step one, asked him about the buy back option and he said he will connect me to appropriate team member to help me with that and for whatever reason I went a step back to another agent that I had to explain all of this again, at this time I am starting to have enough of BS I told the lady off requesting that I can speak to a supervisor, She stated she can not do that and that the case is under “investigation” No matter what I did she would not pass me on to anybody higher! What a great customer care. In the end I apologized and explained to her that I am concerned, I put a 2 year old child in that truck and that apparently the description states that the truck can shut down and you will loose steering and control and it can lead to a crash, Even if there is a 1% chance of that happening I am not going to bed that on my family and a child, if someone wants to do that that’s fine but I seen people writing on forums it’s a 5%, 7% chance for that happening, I don’t care what the chance is, I am not betting on a “maybe” especially if my child and wife is involved. Anyway waited another 2 weeks or so since I was told the case is under investigation and I decided to call yesterday 7/27/2022 and this time the auto response said to me that there is a case and it will connect me to a case manager handling the case, the phone would ring, and right away go back to the step 1 where the automated messages says there is a case and it will connect me to the case manager, it literally felt like someone did not wanted to speak to me and basically forwarded the call the first step each time. After 4-5 try’s I finally get a guy on named Mark…Explained everything to the guy, And all the sudden he starts going off reading the script that’s how recalls work, they can’t do nothing about it, to wait and adios derp, truck is totally fine to drive and if any case I have a issue and the problem with the recall happens to take the truck to the dealership, So I asked him is he suggesting that I need to wait until the truck shuts down somewhere on the highway and I possibly crash or even get killed and my ghost should inform dealership that I had a crash because of a faulty pump in a truck and it’s do to a recall? He kept repeating talking over me that’s how recalls work, truck is safe to drive, same thing over and over. I finally sked him, if the truck is safe to drive why would it state it can shut down and you will loose steering and control possibly crashing as an aftermath, he told me to talk to a local dealer they know more, Very funny manufacturer has no clue what happens but dealer does not? He kept repeating same thing over, that there are no cases of this happening, truck is safe to drive etc. I asked for a supervisor he kept saying ”NO!” totally being ignorant and I asked him if something happens to me will FCA be liable? Told him again I put a 2 year old child in that truck and that I am not going to bet on a “maybe” and that I want to talk to the supervisors or whoever is investigating the case, he said there is no case, nothing is being investigated. My friends this is Ram/Stellantis they lie and totally mislead you, when I mentioned about the conversation with the supervisor and that I hope the call was recorded with her telling me to put in the aftermarket part he put me on hold for 10 minutes picking p every 3 and saying he need to put me on hold again as he is investigating, When e came back he did mention something about the aftermarket part but did not wanted to take the blame for it! Did not even fucking apologized. I called NHTASA and talk to them about this and they told me to reach out to my states Attorney Generals Office and gave me a number to them. Si am totally will call them but wanted to share how they can lie to use and think they can get away with everything. I lost all respect I had for this company and I will never ever buy any FCA/Stellantis product in my life. I am sorry for the mile long post but I want to raise awareness.
I feel the same way about "toyota" When it comes to this in the world we are living in today their all the same.. No parts= No parts. At the same time any thing can break and fail at anytime. These are machines made by humans With any manufacturer over time failure is inevitable. I would worry more of some one running into me then the HPFP failing at this time.. As far as Recalls go i look at them as a Good thing. They've recognized a problem and are willing to fix it for free. We see so many things with all manufactures that should be recalled and are not. Leaving the consumer to foot the bill.... We don't like it but I understand the part shortage . I cant even buy T-6 at my local Wall Mart.. Or anywhere else for that matter....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What bothers me that they prefer to wait for a tradegy to act. It could me you, your child, your wife. They will not give us a second life, and they can not bring back our loved ones. The fact their approach. We can congratulate them on celebrating their ignorance. However, we are the consumer and we have the power to not ever buy their product again. I made that choice today.

·
Registered
775 Posts
What bothers me that they prefer to wait for a tradegy to act. It could me you, your child, your wife. They will not give us a second life, and they can not bring back our loved ones. The fact their approach. We can congratulate them on celebrating their ignorance. However, we are the consumer and we have the power to not ever buy their product again. I made that choice today.
[
Then It looks like you will be walking or trusting the Bus. . Their all the same ..... The air bag Debacle with Toyota, Honda and others is STILL not resolved.... For years...

·
Registered
2018 SLT+ Crewcab Ecodiesel
231 Posts
I can't believe they won't take the truck from you when there isn't a repair plan yet. I bought my truck with an open recall (the EGR) and they had no problems selling it to me....I'm in Canada though so we are treated differently here.

I feel your frustration, and we all recognize FCA / Stellantis tries to "DODGE" warranty, but wouldn't worry about the engine conking out and not being able to steer the truck to the side of the road, it will steer just fine.

Seems like you picked the wrong time to sell.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
So, the two dealerships you were trying to sell your truck to are not Dodge/RAM dealers, I take it? If so, then who can blame them for not wanting to buy a vehicle with an unresolved Safety Recall on it?

You want FCA to buy back your 8 year old vehicle?!? Right...

If they don't have the parts - like, literally do NOT have the actual part you need - what do you expect them to do? They have told you about the problem (on your 8 year old truck), and that they WILL fix it for you, WHEN they do have the parts. Seriously. What more do you think is reasonable to expect from them?

You said this multiple times, in one form or another:

I am not going to bed that on my family and a child
So, were you speaking the truth to them? Have you stopped taking your wife and child in your truck?

They told you you can put an aftermarket part in to replace the part that is potentially unsafe. The truck is well out of warranty. What is so hard to understand about that? They told you about a problem part. They will replace it for you for free if you wait until they have the part. Or, you can replace it yourself with an aftermarket part, without waiting, and be on your way. It's not under warranty, so why would you expect them to take any responsibility at all, really? Much less for an aftermarket part?

It sucks to have a part you know needs to be replaced and have to choose between paying to fix it yourself or waiting a while to let them fix it for free, but that's life with an 8 year old truck. I'd say you're kinda lucky to even have the option of having them fix it for free.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My understanding its a voluntary recall initiated by FCA. In a capitalistic world, tragedy often is the motivating factor to begin to investigate/rectify. I mean, look at GM with their ignition switch issues 8 yrs ago, and how x dollars for the replacement part was outweighed by the cost to settle out of court per incident and they swept it under the rug for the first set of accidents & deaths.

As for it scuttling a deal to sell your 2014, perhaps try another dealer. The recall notice itself indicates "no remedy is currently available." You may want to try to restart the deal by trying to share this information.

Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, the two dealerships you were trying to sell your truck to are not Dodge/RAM dealers, I take it? If so, then who can blame them for not wanting to buy a vehicle with an unresolved Safety Recall on it?

You want FCA to buy back your 8 year old vehicle?!? Right...

If they don't have the parts - like, literally do NOT have the actual part you need - what do you expect them to do? They have told you about the problem (on your 8 year old truck), and that they WILL fix it for you, WHEN they do have the parts. Seriously. What more do you think is reasonable to expect from them?

You said this multiple times, in one form or another:

So, were you speaking the truth to them? Have you stopped taking your wife and child in your truck?

They told you you can put an aftermarket part in to replace the part that is potentially unsafe. The truck is well out of warranty. What is so hard to understand about that? They told you about a problem part. They will replace it for you for free if you wait until they have the part. Or, you can replace it yourself with an aftermarket part, without waiting, and be on your way. It's not under warranty, so why would you expect them to take any responsibility at all, really? Much less for an aftermarket part?

It sucks to have a part you know needs to be replaced and have to choose between paying to fix it yourself or waiting a while to let them fix it for free, but that's life with an 8 year old truck. I'd say you're kinda lucky to even have the option of having them fix it for free.

You did not read what i said. Please stop responding if you did not go through my post. THEY SAID THEY ARE GOING TO ALLOCATE THE PART TO A DEALER. Thats the very first call i made, if somone is telling you this you pretty much assume they do have the part! #2 clearly you don't sound like you even have any understanding here. Recall is for 2014 owners, and every 2014 eco owner is out of warranty. Why would i expect them to take responsibility? Gee let me think.. They made this truck? And why should i be responsible for their misshap on their manufacturing? You still don't get it? Congrats we can celebrate your ignorance too guy. Take it easy on a suger, you're flipping like a pancake on someone else's issue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You did not read what i said. Please stop responding if you did not go through my post. THEY SAID THEY ARE GOING TO ALLOCATE THE PART TO A DEALER. Thats the very first call i made, if somone is telling you this you pretty much assume they do have the part! #2 clearly you don't sound like you even have any understanding here. Recall is for 2014 owners, and every 2014 eco owner is out of warranty. Why would i expect them to take responsibility? Gee let me think.. They made this truck? And why should i be responsible for their misshap on their manufacturing? You still don't get it? Congrats we can celebrate your ignorance too guy. Take it easy on a suger, you're flipping like a pancake on someone else's issue.
I read every word of all your posts. YOU may assume that "we are going to allocate the part to a dealer" means they have it in stock. Personally, I would absolutely not assume that, as it is a completely unsupportable assumption. If they had it in stock, they would say "we are going to SHIP the part to your dealer."

"We are going to allocate the part to a dealer" means (to ME) that they are putting your dealer on the list for the part. So, when they DO get a supply of the part in, your dealer will get one before anyone else that is not higher on the list. If there are already 50 dealers that have them allocated, then your dealer will be 51 on the list. If 50 come in, then those first 50 that had one allocated to them will get one and you will still be waiting.

If you thought something else, then, well, you were just wrong.

And they are taking responsibility. They announced a voluntary recall. They are willing to fix your truck for free. That sounds like them taking responsibility, to me. But, they can't fix it with thoughts and prayers. They need an actual part that they, apparently, don't have. You have an 8 year old truck. Why do you feel entitled to anything more than what they are already offering to do for you? Expecting them to take responsibility for a part that somebody else made is just ignorant entitlement.

People like you are the reason we all get screwed by manufacturers who do things like say "we're not going to tell anyone about this until we have a fix worked out and parts ready to go." Meanwhile, people who don't lie and say things like "I'm not going to bet my wife and child on it" just to make things sound terrible - some of those people end up dying because they didn't know about the safety issue. Because people like you make the manufacturers regret being up front about problems.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My 2 cents...Have you considered or tried selling your truck privately and not through a dealership? Possibly go that route. I understand your frustration, you seem a bit bitter over all this :unsure: However I'm probably just as ignorant or more so than the last guy:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 2 cents...Have you considered or tried selling your truck privately and not through a dealership? Possibly go that route. I understand your frustration, you seem a bit bitter over all this :unsure: However I'm probably just as ignorant or more so than the last guy:D
Would you buy a truck that had an active safety recall open on it, with "no solution available"? I don't think I would. @Ramdiesel82 has made it clear that he wouldn't bet his wife and child on it. Why would anyone else?

Unless ole Ramdiesel82 sold it privately without telling the buyer about that recall... and with him seeming so inclined to feel that his problem with his truck should rightfully be someone else's problem, if that happened it wouldn't really surprise me.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

Checks out.

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,654 Posts
Welcome to the forum - First posts.

You just joined the forum. My take is you have no or little information about the Ecodiesel you bought. First is that one is already 8 years old. During those 8 years of production the Bosch CP4 injector pump has had a few failures but basically been pretty good ON THE ECODIESEL. That pump has been a frequent failure on the larger diesels by GM, Ford and two years of Ram HD production in the Cummins. GM dumped the pump for Denso. Ford still uses it on all their Power Strokes (there is an aftermarket protection design for those that failed) and Stellantis has totally recalled the 2019 and 2020 models with the Cummins engine for replacement.

Unfortunately Bosch just does not make enough replacement CP3 pumps for all the 2019-2020 model Rams using the Cummins engine. I have a 2019 that has had that recall notice for since last November with no parts available. They are doing the 2020's first and still not done with them.

8 years of Ecodiesel production is a lot of pumps to replace. Plus, there is another issue, to my knowledge there has never been a pump design offered to even replace the CP4 of the Ecodiesel that will work. The old CP3 was used on the Cummins and is today used on the new Cummins with great reliability. No clue if it could be adapted to the Ecodiesel.

You may be years waiting for that pump. Years that just might be totally reliable for you and your truck. Reads like you live in fear. The solution is to sell your truck on the open market. Forget messing with dealers. Keep yourself happy and enjoy your life. Ram products and many happy owners can continue without you.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Would you buy a truck that had an active safety recall open on it, with "no solution available"? I don't think I would. @Ramdiesel82 has made it clear that he wouldn't bet his wife and child on it. Why would anyone else?

Unless ole Ramdiesel82 sold it privately without telling the buyer about that recall... and with him seeming so inclined to feel that his problem with his truck should rightfully be someone else's problem, if that happened it wouldn't really surprise me.
No, I can't really say whether I would or wouldn't. It may depend on what specifically the safety recall was. I do not have young children and my life is too short to worry. I don't think anyone is going to bet their wife and child, that is obvious. I was merely offering a suggestion. Not quite apples to apples, but people buy salvage/rebuilt titled vehicles all the time.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts