RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
ok, guys, this is what I have so far, the passenger side is basically identical to the previous model, which means the old kits should work, I am going to verify this on Thursday when I get all my plates in and verify then I will share with you. the driver side aka the low-pressure cooler. is a completely different setup as the cooler connects to the EGR valve and inturn the valve bolts up directly to the intake manifold. so in order to block it off, you must remove the valve and block the cooler end and the intake manifold inlet if you decide to leave the cooler in place. as far as the cooler on the passenger side same goes for all the line relocators and plugs and all that they seem to be the same again I will verify on Thursday. on the driver rear cooler, it doesn't seem difficult to remove and bypass all the coolant lines as it seems like a much simpler unit. I am driving around unplugged and there is no limp mode nor loss of power how others have suggested. there is a check engine like and lost my remote start function but I can live with that. some can't, I'm working with NoEco on a block off kit once we know and have what is needed he is going to put a complete kit together for those who are interested. (No Eco Delete LLC) link to his site so you can keep an eye out for a kit. I am also working with SFT for a tune to disable all emissions for off-road use ;) this will be achieved via HPTuners which is all over OBD2 connection. the reason, why this is possible, is that our trucks run the EDC17C69 ECU(using Dimsport Device) and the ZF8HP75 TCM. I will definitely keep you guys posted. if you have any questions just shoot away.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
The low pressure egr feeds into the turbo inlet not the intake manifold. But yes it might be easy to put a block off plate on the exhaust side itself and leave the cooler in place.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The low pressure egr feeds into the turbo inlet not the intake manifold. But yes it might be easy to put a block off plate on the exhaust side itself and leave the cooler in place.
You could be right or probably are right I couldn’t see that far behind the engine to tell but even so it definitely looks like it could be blocked off, so now thinking about this if it feeds into the turbo inlet down now your turbo is at risk of getting caked up. Or at the very least think how much more efficient it would run with out those hot gasses going back into it.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
You could be right or probably are right I couldn’t see that far behind the engine to tell but even so it definitely looks like it could be blocked off, so now thinking about this if it feeds into the turbo inlet down now your turbo is at risk of getting caked up. Or at the very least think how much more efficient it would run with out those hot gasses going back into it.
Turbo wont get caked up since the exhaust is post doc/dpf, but yes it does work against efficiency and also can create moisture issues. The fact it has both high and low pressure egrs is terrible they can amplify both downsides.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Turbo wont get caked up since the exhaust is post doc/dpf, but yes it does work against efficiency and also can create moisture issues. The fact it has both high and low pressure egrs is terrible they can amplify both downsides.
Ok makes sense, so at the very least if the high pressure side which is the passenger side gets blocked off you won’t be at risk of getting all that soot in your engine since the low pressure side feeds into the turbo after the dpf so technically should be hot moist clean exhaust.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's Thursday! Just sayin'! (y)
I haven’t forgotten about you guys still working on it but here is a preview. Looks like I have the first deleted truck in the USA lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
So , what you did to the passenger side EGR is called the stage 1 EGR delete ,
the unit is still in place with coolant running thru it , but no more diffuser tube .
plates at location 4 and 5 on image.
the last 3 images must be from the new low pressure EGR because it is stuff I have never seen .
Good work ,
it will be interesting to see how it develops , software , and CEL wise ....

·
Registered
45 Posts
So , what you did to the passenger side EGR is called the stage 1 EGR delete ,
the unit is still in place with coolant running thru it , but no more diffuser tube .
the last 3 images must be from the new low pressure EGR because it is stuff I have never seen .
Good work ,
it will be interesting to see how it develops , software , and CEL wise ....
yes correct the passenger side is a stage 1 and the driver side as well but instead of a diffuser pipe the actual valve acts like the diffuser which has to be removed. I will post more a bit later when I am done, when I get back from my trip I am going to remove both coolers as well, tuning is coming up also as we are working on a tune as we speak so it looks promising

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Oh Yeah , it's a mess , did you ever see the nice pictures posted by Irongardenexpress ,
the swirl valves on the intake are operated by 2 plastic prongs , when the soot is bad eough ,
the prongs break , misaligned swirl valves ,
little electric motor in there , electronics stuff , it is a mess , ,,,,,,
delete the cause , forget about the troubles ,,,,,,...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
EcoNoob, thanks for your work. I'm surprsied there aren't more people subscribed to this thread. You're the 3rd gen cutting edge guru of the tuning/deleted world at the moment. And, you're Keeping America Great! ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
EcoNoob, thanks for your work. I'm surprsied there aren't more people subscribed to this thread. You're the 3rd gen cutting edge guru of the tuning/deleted world at the moment. And, you're Keeping America Great! ?
Lol! I’m just doing what I can for all of use. NoEco has advised me he is going to develop some some tapped plates for the driver side cooler plate. Other than that all is a go for you guys.
here is the end product.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is this a job for a novice mechanic?
Most I’ve done is change oil. But I’m mechanical in other fields.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes most definitely you can do it, it is not that difficult just time consuming and hey what’s to be afraid of you have us here at the forum to help you out if you have any issues. ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The hardest bolt to remove is the one that holds the driver side egr valve to the engine block which is facing the firewall, but once you remove the intake tube from the turbo you have great access to it with an open end

41 - 60 of 175 Posts