RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I know a guy selling some running boards I want. Our trucks are similar, but his is a 2013 and mine is a 2014. Will those running boards fit mine?

2014 Ram 1500 ED is mine
2013 Ram 1500 Hemi Is his

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,167 Posts
As long as the Cab type is the same your good. I think starting in '16 there was a minor change to the running boards, with those the newer boards can go on older ('13-'15) trucks, from '16 up will fit all of them. You can put the wheel to wheel side steps from a CrewCab w/5.7' bed on one with a 6.4' bed but it doesn't extend far enough to use. My neighbor had that happen with his '17, I noticed his running board were too short(dealer installed).
You may need the nutserts to install the running boards if your truck didn't have them from the factory. I think they sell an install kit for them. If you do have them, you might want to run a tap through them to clean the threads out.
Count the number of brackets that hold the running boards on, the Crew Cab w/5.7' bed ones may have two or three on each side, the cab only ones usually have two.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I’m going to go get them here in a bit. :) Should help the little people in my life. LOL

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
For a 2013 and 2014 they would be the same.
As mentioned you need the nutserts. I can't remember the thread size. For me, it was easier to just buy the hardware kit from Mopar. Local dealer cut me a break on it in stock too. 68193128AB it includes the nutsert installation tool and all bolts

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
The lengths and mounting points would be the same from 2009-2018, depending on cab and bed lengths. The difference would be in the shape and style of the running board but they should mount up no problem if you have the same cab. If you didn't have running boards before you will need the nutserts to install them as others have pointed out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool! I got them and already installed them guys. They worked just fine. Appreciate all the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts