RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
How did you get the truck to restart? Did you use the crossover wire?
I see Ziggy is " offline " right now , he states he got the message because he ran out of DEF ,
not the code you mentioned , after refilling with DEF, the truck did not start normally right away , he had to wait a little
for float to move he believes , then it started with the normal key or button method .
You will not have that luxury , the dealer should know what to do , if not you can show them ,
in another thread a member showed the jumper method to his tech who did not know about it ,
the tech was glad to learn this method..
Yes, upon re-reading my post I must apologize for not being more clear. I ran the truck out of DEF and drove to the store. Shut the truck off and it would not restart. Went into the store and bought some DEF. Put the DEF into the tank. Attempted re-start and was unsuccessful for a couple of minutes. Then the truck started after waiting a couple of minutes.

So I'm guessing that it takes a minute or two for the truck to reset itself after you get this warning/shut down.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Maybe it needs 3 start cycles like some other stuff , after the fault seems erased ,
before going away and resume normal operations .

21 - 22 of 22 Posts