RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a large variation between window sticker price and price paid!
My sticker was $53,404 Laramie crew 5'7" diesel ,3.55 locking diff., doesn't have sunroof ,ram box,bed liner,bed cover,air suspension ,and a couple other things
Negotiated price is $ 44,700 on paper.
I have found only one dealer to come done to that number ,in merrick Long Island .
Of course that is with all incentives applied,however I was not eligible for a prior lease rebate ,and I have to use Chrysler financial for finance.1.9% before tax
Haven't signed papers yet ! Wondering if anyone has any better info ! Or dealers!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ordered laramie LongHorn Crew with 6.4" bed. Tow package, Protection Package, AntiSpin Diff. Sticker was $54,400. Paid $46,203 + Tax

Reactions: 2014 1500 long horn

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I would say thats a pretty good price ryan....if its 44plus tax only not all those other charges......i was 49700 plus tax for a pretty much loaded limited....kinda apples to oranges though because thats a canadian price

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you are going to list the price paid leave out tax since this will vary and also do not include trade in or money down.
my MSRP was $50,425 price paid was $40,138

Reactions: elw361V

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you are going to list the price paid leave out tax since this will vary and also do not include trade in or money down.
my MSRP was $50,425 price paid was $40,138
where is your dealer. In Oklahoma a Big Horn that stickers for $48775 they say invoice minus discounts which according to them on the Ecodiesel is only $2000 dollars. Can anyone help with this to see what is right. Best price is $42500 they said. That is only $6k off where you are getting 10k off. That is huge difference. Don't know if up NE they give more rebates or something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know who the largest Dodge dealer in US is? Would they have the best price? Due to volume? Probably not feasable for everyone to travel to pickup one. It would be interesting if a dealer kinda made themselves the go to spot for the ED.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Without any effort you should be able to get FFP ( Friends and Family Price) shown on dealer invoice. This price is invoice minus about 1-1.5%
After FFP, you can deduct all rebates that apply.
My Laramie CC 6'4" 4x4 stickered at $50,600 and I paid $43,277 before TTL. Not a steal, but a good enough deal.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
where is your dealer. In Oklahoma a Big Horn that stickers for $48775 they say invoice minus discounts which according to them on the Ecodiesel is only $2000 dollars. Can anyone help with this to see what is right. Best price is $42500 they said. That is only $6k off where you are getting 10k off. That is huge difference. Don't know if up NE they give more rebates or something.
You can see MSRP and invoice prices on sites such as Nadaguides, Truecar and Edmonds. Rebates vary by model, region and month so call the Chrysler Incentive Center, 1-800-227-0757, to find out what you may qualify for. There are also various programs you may qualify for that will guarantee a below invoice price before incentives. See https://www.chrysleraffiliates.com/ and Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program. You can even join TreadLightly for a 1% under invoice price.

Dave Smith Motors in Idaho claims to be the largest dealer in the country.

Reactions: Honor 6

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've found the TreadLightly membership to be a very good investment so far. Not so much for it's use, but for it's ability to cut a lot of the bullshit out right from the start when negotiating a lower price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
well my dealer that has a couple big horns coming in an about a week said the $2000 Ram Truck Bonus cash 39CE8 doesn't apply to the 3.0 diesel. If that is the case it makes it $4500 more dollars than the Hemi version which in my opinion is stupid!! If Ram is trying to sell these trucks that already cost $2500 more then discount the hemi an additional 2k over this truck means it is a bad investment and you cant make back the savings no way!! I am really pissed about this and if someone has a number or someone at Ram to email back stating that is not the case it does apply and I can give it to the dealer showing that Ram will apply this he is wrong would be huge help!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
well my dealer that has a couple big horns coming in an about a week said the $2000 Ram Truck Bonus cash 39CE8 doesn't apply to the 3.0 diesel. If that is the case it makes it $4500 more dollars than the Hemi version which in my opinion is stupid!! If Ram is trying to sell these trucks that already cost $2500 more then discount the hemi an additional 2k over this truck means it is a bad investment and you cant make back the savings no way!! I am really pissed about this and if someone has a number or someone at Ram to email back stating that is not the case it does apply and I can give it to the dealer showing that Ram will apply this he is wrong would be huge help!!
Call the Chrysler Incentive Center at 1-800-227-0757 to find out what applies to a specific VIN in your area. For example, I was told that 39CE8 ($1000) does not apply to the diesel but that 70CE1 ($2500) Retail Consumer Cash does.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I ordered in march and incentives where higher I think. I got 3% under invoice and dealer charges were only $285
Junction Auto family in Chardon OH. Tell them Rusty Yaple. I had a great experience.

·
Registered
46 Posts

I am singing the same song here in Pennsylvania. I talked with the best dealer of the 5 or 6 I have contacted and the story is the same. No $2000 for the diesel. Will this change in May? I doubt it. In my case the dealer came down to 17% under MSRP for a cash sale which was a decent drop from his last offer. I may go for this one with hopes that new incentives will come up in June when I would expect delivery. I hope this truck is worth the aggravation. LOL

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am singing the same song here in Pennsylvania. I talked with the best dealer of the 5 or 6 I have contacted and the story is the same. No $2000 for the diesel. Will this change in May? I doubt it. In my case the dealer came down to 17% under MSRP for a cash sale which was a decent drop from his last offer. I may go for this one with hopes that new incentives will come up in June when I would expect delivery. I hope this truck is worth the aggravation. LOL
I agree. that's a good deal 17%

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ordered at Laramie Longhord CC 6.4 bed. EcoDiesel, Tow Package, Anti spin diff, Protection group. List $54,400. Paid $46,305 Less Title & Taxes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just cut a deal on a Bighorn right off the lot sight unseen. It is scheduled for delivery today. Anyway, pertinent to the thread there were not a lot of incentives but I managed to get a pretty good deal. $43,182 MSRP for $35, 900 or 16.8%.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Salem Chrysler Jeep Dodge | New Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Salem, OH 44460

[Columbiana Chrysler Jeep Dodge | New Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Columbiana, OH 44408-8491 (877) 855-9704 888-297-4319 and

I think that you would be hard pressed to find a dealer that has as many Ecodiesel's on the lot as these sister dealerships in Ohio. I did not look today but as of yesterday they had 37 diesels on the lot.
Amazing. There are entire regions of the country that don't have as much as those 2 dealers.

1 - 20 of 336 Posts