RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it doesn't work. Might be electrical, might be mechanical but one thing is sure. It doesn't work.

Tried to use it for the first time a couple weeks ago. It did not work. Stopped and opened the hood, fiddled with the hoses and it worked. Thought it may have not been primed and forgot about it. On the way to the rifle range this morning the fog was bad. Truck got wet and I turned on the washer.

At the range I had a guy push the button while I listened. No pump sound.

Back to the dealer again for this stupid thing. Wife says..."get the Cummins". I try to explain but it's like talking with a wall. She doesn't like the way the 1500 rides so to her, it's all the fault of the motor.

Check your washer.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Mine works great used it this morning, never an issue...

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wanna swap?

Drive to south Florida. I'll take you out on the boat after you do the swap.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ya that sounds awesome! (the boat part) I'm sure it's something stupid.... with the complexity of modern vehicles it's really amazing more doesn't go wrong!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I'v never been to Florida if you can beieve that! Furthest south i'v been is georgia. I bought my last boat down there (used) a regal LSR 1800, you'all have really cheap boats down there compared to here!

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can get you a cheaper one than you can imagine. Stopped at the marina this afternoon. Coast Guard and FWC (fish police) were there. Guy took his , new to him< twin-engine boat out today for the first time. He had two guys, three children, two women and a crippled grandfather on board. did not trim the motors in from marina storage. Idled out to the channel, hit it down, threw the bow way high, panicked, let off the throttles and the boat slid back into his own power wave.

Wave went over the back, people fell back and the boat sunk with all aboard. Lots of boaters around to do rescue. Boat showing in 8 ft. of water. Stupid. Bet you can buy it cheap.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That's funny, but I've seen it all over the years. The best is when someone forgets their plug, and you see them jump into the water about 100 yards from the launch. (or sunk at the courtesy dock)

My boat sits low in the back, and I get water whenever I get off the throttle quick. I had a couple of my kids friends with us last summer (6 years old) and they started to spazz out, and thought we were going to sink.

Sorry to hear about the pump issue.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now you know why you NEVER buy an open transom boat. Google Calcutta Boats. NO transom. It's designed for the water to roll right over and onto the decks. There is a splash board but it's a pain to use unless anchored. You can literally swim your fish catch right onto the deck. I know. I fish on one offshore many, many times. Swam a giant leopard shark right onto the deck once. Many kingfish and big grouper just swim in.

Only thing. Wear waterproof shoes.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I like the open transom. Our boat is for recreation, in protected water, and it makes it easy to get in and out of the water. So... I generally don't just pull the throttle down after high speed. But, what comes in, just goes out the scupper drains. But I remember the first day out with it, the wife got mad, because she sat her bag down, right on the rear drain. Needless to say, all her stuff got wet. I laughed because I told her to stow it in any of the storage compartments. (lots of storage in our boat)

Are you taking the truck to the dealer to let them look at it?

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's not an open transom. it's the opposite. An open transom has a lower deck going right to the transom with NO motor well or engine covers between the lowered deck and where the motor mounts.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update

First failure of a part. The washer pump in my truck is defective. New one on order. Cannot be fixed. I can't even figure out where the darn thing is. Was told it's inside the washer bottle but that makes no sense. You would have to replace the washer bottle with the pump. That's like throwing out the baby with the bath water.

New pump on order. I get to go to the dealer again. Glad they are nice people.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just an FYI that is sort of on topic - there have been a few emails floating around at work claiming that the green rainx washer fluid will cause issues in all chrysler vehicles. I didn't see any warranty claims as evidence to support this, but the rumor is that this washer fluid will break down the washer fluid tank/bottle leading to cracks/leaks.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good report. Might be quite informative to those that might want to use the stuff.

Never added anything to mine. Know it did work soon after delivery. Tested it. When needed it failed. A different issue but thanks for the tip. I'll buy that cheap blue stuff called "colored water."

Reactions: JAK

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FYI...9 days and still no pump. Spoke with the dealer today. Talk is it's backordered. My guess...they forgot.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Restricted part???

Called again today. More than two weeks so far. "It's coming" !

Wish I could say that.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Tell them to take it off aa lot truck capt!

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a good idea.

Kind of like buying a lottery ticket. Lots of expectation for nothing.

I know...you can't win if you don't try.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
A good dealer would do that for ya, especially if they have a lot of trucks on the lot

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is of literally no interest. Contacted Ram's customer service. They say they are to get back to me in a day. That's like the dealer telling me the part is coming Tuesday. One months of Tuesday's have come and gone. No part.

Couple days have come and gone. No contact yet from Ram customer service (written in small letters intentionally).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts