RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I can tell nobody on here has posted as to the performance of the windshield washer system on these trucks. My 2014 1500 washer nozzles barely spray hard enough to hit the windshield. And my friends 2010 1500 does the exact same thing. I emptied all the factory freezy garbage washer fluid out of it and put in nice -35 non rain-x fluid and it still sucks! Anyone else have issues with the washer system?

·
Registered
610 Posts
No. I'm actually very impressed with my washer spray and pressure. Covers the entire windshield at highway speed.
My 2014 Nissan however is junk. I may as well get out and spit on the windshield for all the good it does!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
same here as the others. I'm very happy with the spray nozzles. Maybe yours are partially clogged? I do have a gripe about the wipers though. they streak terribly like there are chips out of the rubber blade. they have since day one

·
Administrator
2,187 Posts
Mine work great, but the hood mount is antiquated and wasteful, IMO.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Some on here have said the Rain-X product is not good for our system and will foul the washer sensor..

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
My washers and wipers work fine. The only thing is you need to be sure to remove the snow from the washer heads. My gripe is the wipers start the same time as the pump thus a bit of an initial dry wipe. I wish they would start five seconds after the pump started so the windshield would be wet with the washer fluid from the beginning. However, I haven't seen any that do that.

·
Registered
938 Posts
From the land of Salt and Dirt the wipers/washers seem to work just fine. I always forget to turn the auto wiper off after the rain and I'm worried that the wipers will freeze to the shield some time. That will be an expensive fix...like a key fob.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure how my washer system could be partially plugged but who knows what got dropped in there at the factory I suppose. All I know is they don't work for shit even if it's warm out. Now that I know all you guys don't have issues I will take her in and tell the dealer to deal with it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
From the land of Salt and Dirt the wipers/washers seem to work just fine. I always forget to turn the auto wiper off after the rain and I'm worried that the wipers will freeze to the shield some time. That will be an expensive fix...like a key fob.
This happened on my 1995 Ram. Forgot to clear the snow and ice off the blades before starting the engine and I must have had the wipers already in the "On" postion. I got the last wiper control module in New England. Everyone was frying them during that storm/winter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Correct.

DO NOT USE RAINX WASHER FLUIDS if you like the sensor that reads the fluid level to work. RainX will cause the sensor to fail and always read low or no fluid.
Really?

Lame! I picked some up because its generally better.
Thankfully I haven't put it in yet since I am still using the factory fill...guess the wifes car gets two of these :)

What is everyone else using that does a good job at cleaning?

·
Registered
966 Posts
My gripe is the wipers start the same time as the pump thus a bit of an initial dry wipe. I wish they would start five seconds after the pump started so the windshield would be wet with the washer fluid from the beginning. However, I haven't seen any that do that.
For the record, my wipers and washer works very well. The first mod I made was to install PIAA wiper blades. I've used them on many vehicles over the years and find them to work better than anything else I've tried. They have a good reputation in FIA Rally racing and other forms of motorsport. The idea is to first clean the winshield as clean as it can possibly be and then wipe the glass squeeky clean with the included alchohol wipes and let it dry. Then you actually run the silicone wiper blades dry on the glass for 5 minutes. The wipers transfer a coating of clear silicone to the glass which has the same effect as Rain-Ex as far as beading water without running the wipers. It's actually fine to run the wipers across the glass dry as long as there's no grit on the windshield. In any case, I don't worry so much about the delay time between the wiper motion and the water squirt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts