RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Work time!

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Captainmal 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Transport

Had to introduce the truck to the trailer this morning. Time to go to work it's spent enough time just being good looking.
First good test will be next Tuesday I'll be loading 3-4 tons of stone to take 20 miles to the job.

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
Rhombus is rightly reporting about some attitudes toward towing. Only thing is many want to pull 10,000 lbs at 60 mph to an altitude of 21,000 ft. over 40 miles. At the top they expect to run straight down and then go back up again and again and ...

You tow loaded and give us an unbiased report. Wonderful.

#10 ·
I finally got to pull the airboat with mine last night, man it pulls it way better than my Hemi did!! Even in Tow/Haul mode the transmission is smooth action. Best part is I don't have to hear the motor going in and out of Eco mode like the Hemi, that got annoying real quick!

#11 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

First loaded test today. I took two loads 25 miles truck and trailer on scales at the stone supply totaled 10460 empty. Loaded with stone 16970. I loved everything about the tow brake controller, mirrors, air suspension,and plenty of power no sway it was a dream. I never felt overloaded and I've been pulling a lot of trailers in 38 years in the construction business. I truly believe I found a sweet spot in a truck if it can hold up in quality. And I got 12 mpg. going and coming 100 mi.

#13 ·
That's a lot of weight. Think the report is good. Nuts to what is said about how much the truck can pull. If you can start and stop it, drive at a reasonable pace and get decent fuel mileage, it's the answer.

Just set up my trailer for the equalizer bars. Tomorrow I will tow it a decent distance with a plain hitch and no bars, then switch to the big hitch assembly and use the bars. Hope to have a good report. Remember, I do not have the air suspension to handle the tongue weight. Did use Timbren bumper stops. Gonna find out. Hope I'm as happy as you are.

Thanks for the information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.