RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
I realize today's Jeeps are more road mannered then ever and probably just as suited on a long cruise as a short jaunt. But given that Wranglers are primarily used in short haul situations, how do you think they will fair with the modern emissions?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
FCA seems to be confident about the new Ecodiesel given the number of vehicles they are putting it in. I also see on that website that they are again carrying over the Chrysler 300. That must be one of the longest serving model in the modern car business. ANyhow, I wonder when the Ecodiesel will arrive in it. I bet it would be a hit.

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
Know one thing, dealers are proud of all those Jeep Wranglers.

Daughter just tried to buy one, not diesel, from a local dealer. Discounts off MSRP are in the slim to none category. Surely there might be a place in the United States where that is not the case. It's just that that place is not south Florida.

She changes vehicles like I change brands of beer. The infatuation will end and she will look into something else. Just know that there sure is a market for Wranglers of all style that rises above their stupid high MSRP.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I've been told dealers are charging over MSRP for the Gladiator. The diesel will be super high. Won't have enough ass to pull my TH so I'm out for now.

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
I've been told dealers are charging over MSRP for the Gladiator. The diesel will be super high. Won't have enough ass to pull my TH so I'm out for now.

Would not be surprised if the pricing at the onset of the new Ecodiesel is much the same. If the GM strike continues on that is probably keeping the GM 3.0L diesel way up in price for what might be available. When the Ecodiesel comes out it would not surprise me for those prices to be up near an inflated MSrP also.

Pricing structure like that might make some waiting buyers hold off or go elsewhere. Then, with GDE and other tuners down it will take a year or so for some kind of track record to be established as to whether they will operate reliably with that emission stuff intact. That might also discourage some from buying.

I was one that looked at those issues and decided what was available at discount today, with the reputation of reliable operation with full emissions equipment, might be a better option than waiting. For others, hope I was wrong.

·
Registered
522 Posts
When the emissions system fail and no delete option available diesel repair is highly problematic and cost prohibitive...

I am out...and considering dumping my 2014 (deleted) and 2018 ED as well...

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
There will always be a solution until every state requires emissions testing.

Who that solution comes from will vary.
Once it becomes unviable to keep the intellectual property to themselves Someone will develop some Chinese made interface to program with (it’s already out there; sft). Someone will write up how to program and everyone will be doing their own tuning and sharing. Even the EPA can’t ban that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
No clue what you said.

GM (Ford, Ram) will build what sells first. Unless they are federally mandated to build X-number of gassers before they can build the first diesel they are going to follow the money. Plain and simple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts