RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Too bad. You might have learned something.
No real need here. I'm not having any issues with my Ecod and the first (and last) time I watched a video from those guys it was pretty boring and didn't contain a whole lot of anything useful ..... and quite a bit that was doubtful.

·
Registered
772 Posts
A Wrangler ED is in my future. Will probably wait until an off road tune is available, then start looking for one on Copart.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A Wrangler ED is in my future. Will probably wait until an off road tune is available, then start looking for one on Copart.
A lot depends on the use case. I've yet to drive a turbo-charged vehicle that I would choose for serious off-roading. For deep mud and for rock crawling, instantaneous throttle response is essential. No ED that I have driven has eliminated the throttle lag (most of which is turbo, some of which is trans tuning). A non-starter for me.

I feel the need for another project. Maybe a beater 1980-ish CJ. Rebuild a straight six, add fuel injection, 4:10's, tranny with creeper 1st, air lockers. Add a 3-4" lift, alloy wheels with bead locks and 35" Super Swampers and we're ready to play. (Maybe sway bar disconnects, 10K Warn, dual batteries and 140 amp alternator too). Now we can drive where most fear to walk. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts