Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
579 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It's about time !!! I've got a CJ 7 I could only dream of this in the day. Suit case come on Gene be realistic get a wheel barrow lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Me and the wife were talking, if it ever actually came out we would be first in line. I always wanted a wrangler. Just about the only vehicle I haven't owned. I just could never justify the size vs the awful mileage it would get.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Administrator
4,550 Posts
Had a 2005 Unlimited. Crap mileage. Death trap in an accident. Underpowered on a mild grade. Towed jet skis with it no problem. And drove it as a daily driver all seasons for 6 years. It was noisy blew all over the road in our winds and I still miss it. It's a Jeep thing. Diesel will be awesome if it happens.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Owned a Wrangler for about 30K miles. Novelty. Fun to ride but hideous for a ride. Darn thing was full of wind noise, loud, rough, crude, uncomfortable, poor fuel mileage, bouncy on flat roads and had no inside storage.

Darn step-kid smashed a pole clean into the front seat IN REVERSE during a drug-induced rage. Totalled the thing IN REVERSE,

He ended up in prison, (West Point Grad - believe that?), his mother, my second wife, died, and I have no clue if he's still alive.

Do know that Wrangler is not alive. Actually miss the thing. It was fun and good-looking too.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Owned a Wrangler for about 30K miles. Novelty. Fun to ride but hideous for a ride. Darn thing was full of wind noise, loud, rough, crude, uncomfortable, poor fuel mileage, bouncy on flat roads and had no inside storage. ...
Test drive a new one. They are much more refined--some would say citified--and comfortable. You can actually hear the sound system and talk to the passengers. Fuel economy and power are reasonable with the Pentastar motor. Still among the best trail vehicles made.

The 2018 redesign with an aluminum body and diesel will be even better.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I wonder how much heavier the ecoD with all the emissions crap is over the Penestar v6? I bet it's over 400 lbs.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
579 Posts
Owned a Wrangler for about 30K miles. Novelty. Fun to ride but hideous for a ride. Darn thing was full of wind noise, loud, rough, crude, uncomfortable, poor fuel mileage, bouncy on flat roads and had no inside storage.
Just so you know the Jeeps have changed since your first one.

Jeep.jpg

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I wonder how much heavier the ecoD with all the emissions crap is over the Penestar v6? I bet it's over 400 lbs.
Plus any difference in the transmission weight. The next-gen Wrangler should be lighter and stronger so the weight may not be a problem.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The weight of the 3.0 is 507 lbs with accessories. I can't find the spec on the Pentastar, but it has to weigh near 300 lbs, so the difference would be around 200 lbs. Am I missing something?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts